Line of Service
Actuarial ServicesManagement Level
AssociateJob Description & Summary
A career in our Actuarial Life Services practice, within Actuarial Services, will provide you with the opportunity to contribute general insurance advice and consulting services to clients such as insurers, banks, regulators, and third party administrators. You'll provide advice covering solvency, economic capital, risk management, mergers and acquisitions, company restructuring and risk control, financial modelling, underwriting, new legislation, and the efficiency of claims or reporting processes. Simply put, you might help analyse the impact that new regulation will have on an insurance company's balance sheet or you could be revising businesses' projections and making sure they have adequate reserves.
Our team helps insurers address new financial reporting requirements by assessing the financial and business impacts of regulations, building implementation plans, and implementing relevant requirements, particularly across areas of financial reporting change.
Life Actuarial Services at PwC offers consulting services to insurance companies, reinsurance companies and government agencies, as well as audit support for various insurance entities. You will work directly with our experienced actuaries and other actuarial associates on a wide range of projects to gain invaluable working experience in the insurance industry and exposure to a multitude of actuarial concepts. A career in our Life Actuarial Services practice, within Actuarial Services, will provide you with the opportunities to contribute insurance advice and consulting services to our clients and also to grow as a PwC professional and leader. With us, you will have a clear career path, leaders who care about and support your development and goals. We focus on offering diverse learning and development opportunities to produce well-rounded professionals.What to consider before applying
• This role has the option of being based out of our Toronto or Montreal office Purpose-led work you'll be part of
As a Property & Casualty Actuarial Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Supporting actuarial product teams in a broad range of actuarial consulting services and transformation initiatives
• Work closely with our senior actuaries on our appointed actuary services including actuarial liability valuation and financial condition testing, product development, mergers & acquisition, advisory services, and insurance accounting standards (IFRS 17)
• Support the team in re-performing the actuarial liabilities, analyze and review valuation methodologies and assumptions
• Analyzing client information in order to conclude whether the actuarial liabilities are fairly presented in the financial statements
• Collaborate with actuaries and other actuarial students on a variety of projects, including cross-functional projects with other departments within PwC
• Share findings and recommendations to non actuarial teams a clear and non-technical manner Experiences and skills you'll use to solve
• Sufficient knowledge with the P&C insurance industry including policy liability valuation, financial condition testing, IFRS 17, pricing, or predictive modelling
• Actively pursuing the Canadian Institute of Actuaries qualification of FCIA
• Exceptional commitment to providing excellent client service, by building and maintaining productive relationships with both internal and external clients
• Strong analytical, problem solving and multitasking/project management skills
• Proficiency in reserving or statistical applications such as Arius, R, or @Risk
• Proven ability working with data analytic tools (Tableau, Alteryx, VBA) considered an asset
• Continuous improvement mind-set, challenges the status quo and seeks self improvement
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including experience presenting in a business context
• Exposure within a consulting or advisory role (or capable to work in a consulting/audit environments and project-based work) considered an asset
• Bilingual proficiency in English and French considered an asset
• A demonstrated commitment to valuing differences and working alongside diverse people and perspectives Why you'll love PwC
We're inspiring and empowering our people to change the world. Powered by the latest technology, you'll be a part of amazing teams helping public and private clients build trust and deliver sustained outcomes. This purpose-led work, and our continuous development environment, will take your career to the next level. We reward your impact, and support your wellbeing, through a competitive compensation package, inclusive benefits and flexibility programs that will help you thrive in work and life. Learn more about us at http://pwc.com/ca/whypwc . Your Application to PwC
We embrace new technology to deliver securely and differently for our candidates. To protect your personal information, apply at http://pwc.com/ca/careers and visit http://pwc.com/ca/applytopwc to learn more about what your recruitment experience could look like. Putting the safety of our people and clients first as we look to a hybrid future
At this time, PwC does not require, but strongly encourages, full vaccination in order to access its offices. Some of our clients may require vaccination and other restrictions to be in place to access their premises. You may, therefore, be required to be vaccinated and comply with all other restrictions where applicable. At PwC, the future ways of work will be a hybrid of in-person and virtual, allowing choice and flexibility to explore new ways of working and collaborating, based on client, team and individual needs. Education
(if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred: Certifications
(if blank, certifications not specified) Required SkillsOptional Skills Desired Languages
(If blank, desired languages not specified) Travel Requirements
Not SpecifiedAvailable for Work Visa Sponsorship?
NoGovernment Clearance Required?
NoJob Posting End Date
At PwC Canada, our most valuable asset is our people and we grow stronger as we learn from one another. We're committed to creating an equitable and inclusive community of solvers where everyone feels that they truly belong. We understand that experience comes in many forms and building trust in society and solving important problems is only possible if we reflect the mosaic of the society we live in.
We're committed to providing accommodations throughout the application, interview, and employment process. If you require an accommodation to be at your best, please let us know during the application process.
To learn more about inclusion and diversity at PwC Canada: https://www.pwc.com/ca/en/about-us/diversity-inclusion.html. Be a part of The New Equation.
Chez PwC Canada, notre atout le plus précieux, c'est notre personnel. Et c'est en apprenant les uns des autres que nous devenons plus forts. Nous avons à cœur de créer une communauté équitable et inclusive de professionnels de la résolution de problèmes, dans laquelle chacun se sent vraiment à sa place. Nous savons que l'expérience peut prendre diverses formes et, pour nous, donner confiance au public et résoudre des problèmes importants n'est possible que si notre milieu de travail reflète la diversité de la société dans laquelle nous vivons.
Nous tenons à répondre à vos besoins tout au long du processus de demande d'emploi, d'entrevue et d'embauche. Si vous avez besoin de mesures d'adaptation pour être parfaitement à l'aise, faites-le-nous savoir à l'étape de la demande d'emploi.
Pour en savoir plus sur l'inclusion et la diversité chez PwC Canada: https://www.pwc.com/ca/fr/about-us/diversity-inclusion.html. Faites partie de La Nouvelle équation.