Our Digital & Technology team wakes up every day with one goal in mind - to connect Canadians to the people and things that matter most. Collectively, we're proud to support 30 million Canadians each month.
We manage a robust portfolio that champions the leading edge of technology and media. We drive projects that expand connectivity to underserved communities from coast-to-coast-to-coast; build and enhance our fixed broadband network to provide high-speed Internet, TV and Smart Home Monitoring; and support our world class wireless network, offering our customers Canada's largest and most reliable 5G network. As the Digital & Technology team, we are building our tomorrow, today.
Come play a key role in building the future of innovation in Canada, Let's make your possible.
Do you enjoy working on high-scale, complex, and high visibility projects and programs? If yes, consider the following opportunity:
Rogers is seeking a Project Specialist
responsible for delivering Wireless Projects within the Access Network team. Reporting to the Manager, Ontario/GTA/Manitoba Region, the primary focus of this position is to successfully manage the implementation, planning, and execution of a large variety of Network and Business initiatives on the Rogers Access Network. What you will be doing:
What you will bring:
- Work with in house Engineering groups to interpret, schedule and execute on Engineering Work Orders
- Work with hired Contractors to schedule work based on Rogers Work Orders to completion
- Develop and execute project plans, including risk, scope, communication and schedules.
- Plan, monitor, and control projects from concept to closing using appropriately scaled methodology.
- Monitor project against plans and take effective corrective action as required.
- Manage initiatives at a high-level as well as having attention to detail.
- Identify requirements for, negotiate and lead cross-functional resources.
- Work closely with and maintain strong work relationships with stakeholders and sponsors from all functional areas of business.
- Manage changing priorities to complete project delivery within defined constraints.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of Project Management methodology, process and documentation.
- Effectively manage risk by minimizing threats and maximizing opportunities within the project.
- Identify, handle and resolve conflict effectively.
- Demonstrate interest in and accountability for personal and professional development.
- Ensure all activities are performed to minimize Rogers Customer Impact
- Previous progressive experience working within infrastructure projects, network and telecom infrastructure deployments within a professional services organization
- Previous progressive experience within Wireless Networks with hands on technology exposure
- Experience managing Telecom Build projects of varying size and complexity, which could include upgrades or migrations/augmentations across various environments, managed services and/or technology or tools deployment
- Exposure to executing projects across a physically distributed environment along with strong vendor/contractor management experience
- Strong negotiation skills to negotiate resources, changes, issues, budgets and timelines
- Past exposure to Telecom Civil Infrastructure Build Project with an emphasis on North American Markets
- Familiar with Infrastructure Technologies, dealing with multiple vendors
- Proactive approach to working on skeleton plan for upcoming projects
- Ability to optimize available resources to deliver business objectives and maximize business efficiency
- Ability to adapt to the requirements of the assignment and make appropriate changes in style as needed
- Demonstrated ability to match content, style and language to suit the audience and context, maximizing understanding
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, leadership, motivational, organizational and planning skills
- Ability to direct, influence and inspire others to optimize performance and achieve goals
- Ability to influence team members without direct authority
- Civil Engineering Degree would be an asset
- PMP Certification would be an asset
- A strong ability to multitask in fast-paced environment
- Additional required skills, Material management, report creation for PM
- Knowledge of Oracle, Remedy, and Salesforce is a huge asset
- A university degree in Telecommunications, Computer Science, or equivalent.
Full time Shift:
Day Length of Contract:
Not Applicable (Regular Position) Work Location:
8200 Dixie Road (101), Brampton, ON Travel Requirements:
Up to 10% Posting Category/Function:
Technology & Network Design Requisition ID:
At Rogers Digital, our team doesn't shy away from big ideas - we bring them to life. We work tirelessly to deliver the best user experiences (period) and build amazing self-serve experiences that our customers want to use. We are customer-obsessed agents of change and are committed to innovation and creating effortless experiences for customers and frontline employees. We use cutting-edge tools and technologies to solve critical and complex problems with award-winning solutions. Our work impacts millions of customers everyday. At Rogers Digital, we're looking for people who embrace change, take risks, and push boundaries. Learn more about our team and our work @ https://digital.rogers.com/ Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:Our people are at the heart of our success Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do We do what's right, each and every day We believe in the power of new ideas We work as one team, with one vision We give back to our communities and protect our environment
Posting Notes: Digital & Technology
Brampton, ON, CA Being a Rogers team member comes with some great perks & benefits including:
• Health & well-being benefits
• Donation matching
• Paid time off for volunteering
• Wealth Accumulation including: Pension plan & Employee stock options
• Generous employee discounts
• Leadership development, Mentorship, and Coaching programs
*available for full-time and part-time permanent employees, some restrictions apply Looking for career guidance and inspiration?
Catch up on the latest episodes of For the Love of Work
podcast with Dr. Sonia Kang.Job Segment:
Civil Engineer, Computer Science, Network, Telecom, Telecommunications, Engineering, Technology
Creative and Graphic Design Information Technology