120 Bloor Street East
Job Family Group:
Strategy & Change
Leads assigned projects from project initiation to implementation to achieve desired business results. Ensures that a successful business outcome is the prime measure of project success including delivering projects on time, within budget, within quality standards and to the satisfaction of the project sponsor. Drives to mitigate execution risk to achieve the desired business outcomes. Understands the business/group and facilitates communication with other program/project managers and stakeholders efficiently and effectively. Directs, manages, and coordinates team members including other project managers, business and technology resources, user groups, internal and external consultants and contractors, as well as vendors and external regulatory organizations.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to assigned business/group.
- Influences and negotiates to achieve business objectives.
- Assists in the development of strategic plans.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Helps determine business priorities and best sequence for execution of business/group strategy.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
- Manages/validates financial forecasts and conducts ongoing reconciliation.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Monitors and tracks performance, and addresses any issues.
- Directs projects often within one business group involving multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Exercises direct accountability for projects with up to 25 team members.
- Negotiates contracts with external vendors (in consultation with Strategic Sourcing) to ensure receipt of specific resources and materials.
- Manages overall project budget.
- Provides guidance to the project sponsor on the implementation and sustainment of projects, resulting in successful project outcomes.
- Manages all aspects of the project lifecycle, including business, operational and technology deliverables. Ensures all project processes are completed.
- Ensures change management plans are developed, socialized and consistently measured to deliver the expected project benefits and adoption.
- Executes project requirements in governance frameworks focused on risk appetite, regulatory and compliance standards.
- Develops all related project management artifacts, while complying with applicable enterprise standards
- Monitors and controls project deliverables. Makes recommendations and adjustments to the overall project plan to achieve deliverables,
- Provides project sponsor with advice on the viability of the business case (costs, benefits, KPIs, etc.) throughout the project.
- Understands project interdependencies and demonstrates critical thinking that proactively identifies project risks and establishes effective risk mitigation from the outset.
- Demonstrates stakeholder partnership that involves effective communicating with the project sponsor; gains and builds trust and rapport.
- Demonstrates ownership and commitment by holding themselves accountable for the identification and resolution of project problems.
- Leads and/or represents the project in project team meetings, governance forums and inter-department forums.
- Adheres to Bank risk, regulatory and compliance controls.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Provides specialized consulting, analytical and technical support.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently and regularly handles non-routine situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 5 - 7 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Project management experience - 3 to 6 years.
- Valid PMP designation from the Project Management Institute (PMI) is an asset.
- Entrepreneurial skills - Working.
- Judgement skills - Working.
- Learning agility - Working.
- Stakeholder management - In-depth.
- Able to navigates challenging situations effectively.
- Able to apply project management methodologies or approaches.
- Able to resolve project issues effectively.
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive education and business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
We're here to help
- Solid (verifiable) technical understanding of cloud technology (Azure cloud is preferred), and infrastructure projects.
- Leading complex, multi-year, and large-scale programs/projects
- Exposed / able to handle large budgets and large teams
- Experience with both Infrastructure and Application development is an asset.
- Solid understand and working experience with Agile and Waterfall application development frameworks
- Previous experience with Virtualization (desktop, servers)
- Previous experience within the financial industry (or similar large organizations)
- PMP certification is nice to have
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.
Management and Executive