WSP is currently seeking a Project Manager with an understanding of building envelope performance and a passion for historic building restoration and preservation. Working out of our Ottawa (2611 Queensview Drive) office, this position will primarily support heritage restoration projects with a variety of other building envelope projects in the National Capital Regional region.
Joining a team of over 30 passionate building science employees and reporting to our Cladding Team Leader, this position will be primarily responsible for supporting our Building Science, Architectural and engineering design teams with heritage restoration projects, key tasks include; performance testing/ verification, modelling, field inspection services, and enclosure assembly design reviews to ensure continuity of air, vapour, thermal and moisture control layers. This position will also include coordinating internal project teams, schedules, and project resources and to provide technical building enclosure support to our Ottawa team. The successful candidate will be supported by and coordinate with a team of experienced building sciences specialists locally and nationally.Why WSP?
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering consulting firms and has one of Canada's largest building sciences teams. We have unique expertise in engineering, material science, building envelopes/enclosures, constructability, project management, cost estimating and asset management. Building Sciences is primarily focused on serving the needs of building owners and managers. Our aim is to understand, design and enhance the built environment by building solutions at every opportunity. We provide expert assessment of existing building enclosures, provide guidance to our clients on the range of management strategies available to address deterioration, prepare the designs and specifications, and manage the project to completion, providing hands-on quality assurance and contract administration to promote the desired outcome with respect to performance and cost control.
We offer attractive pay, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future. We offer flexible work options including remote work.
- Our Flexible Work Policy - we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer,
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
#WeAre WSPA day in the life:Projects
Practice and Processes
- Manage evaluation programs, testing protocols and data collection to support detailed condition assessment of the existing building envelope assemblies;
- Complete technical building envelope design reviews of the various enclosure design packages to comment on continuity of air, vapour, moisture and thermal control layers. Assess design details for constructability concerns or potential compatibility/ durability issues.
- Research available building enclosure assemblies, systems and material technologies and report on feasibility and appropriateness of various options for project implementation, considering a Triple Bottom Line (financial, social and environmental) thinking to each potential solution;
- Coordinate and oversee technical review of construction activities to ensure compliance with design documents;
- Clarify roles and responsibilities of those on the project team and ensure expectations are understood;
- Communicate effectively with the team and collaborate with senior technical resources from across the country to ensure quality of deliverables and best-in-class service;
- Manage project resources (including personnel) and establish task schedules/ deliverables to ensure deliverables are met;
- Contribute to stakeholder presentations and participate in meetings with clients and stakeholders to receive feedback, discuss revisions and enhance the trust relationship;
- Prepare client proposals, investigation reports and construction documents for building envelope evaluation and/or restoration projects
We'd love to hear from you if you have...
- You will always ensure health and safety policies are followed at all sites and take WSP's Life Saving rules to heart;
- Commit to embracing and enhancing a culture of knowledge sharing and continuous learning.
- Contribute expertise and time to Building Science Centres of Excellence, which connects our business of over 200 building sciences specialists nationally and supports our vision to be a best-in-class service provider and the number one client choice for Building Science services in Canada.
- Strive to contribute WSP industry-leading service delivery and reputation by liaising with clients, attending trade shows, etc.
- Seek to innovate our delivery processes and procedures to improve efficiency, quality and liability control.
- Integrate, coach and develop peers and more junior co-workers through on-going project work.
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years of experience in building sciences, engineering or architecture;
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Building Science, Architectural Science, Diploma in Architectural / Engineering Technology or a construction-related discipline;
- P.Eng. designation is an asset
- Experience in a range of building envelope systems/materials;
- A keen eye for technical detailing and experience in building envelope design reviews
- An excellent communicator, with strong verbal, written and presentation skills in the English language. French is an asset, but not a requirement;
- Proven success managing building restoration projects with strong organizational and team management skills;
- A team player who thrives on working with other successful, energetic people;
- Understanding or experience in thermal and hygrothermal computer modelling is an asset, but not a requirement;
- Proficiency in MS Office (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Possess a valid G-class driver's license; and
- Transfer or receipt of security clearance with PSPC will be required for successful applicants.
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.
Management and Executive