At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuel us, and moments define us.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently.
Do you enjoy and ready to work on high-scale, complex, and high visibility projects and programs?We are actively seeking a talented and experienced technical project manager to oversee a wide variety of IT and Technology projects from conceptual design through implementation.
You will manage key programs within Rogers IT Delivery Project Office based out of Brampton, ON. You will have end-to-end ownership of IT projects/programs, technology interfaces, and operations, giving you the responsibility and autonomy to ensure success. Successful candidates will have a background in software application development, Cloud platform and infrastructure delivery most likely with a Computer Science or related degree. You are detail- and customer-oriented and have excellent problem solving abilities with strong ability to collaborate to solve problems.
The position offers exceptional opportunities for every candidate to grow their technical and non-technical skills. If you are selected, you have the opportunity to really make a difference to our business by inventing, enhancing and building world class systems, delivering results, and working on exciting and challenging projects.Qualifications
What You'll Do
- 10+ years of technical program management experience working directly with application development teams
- Post-secondary degree in Information Technology, Business or equivalent
- Creative, original thinking and can-do mindset - be our secret weapon of positive brilliance!
- Formal project management training, PMI/PMP, Agile certifications.
- Strong knowledge of project management methodology and best practices (e.g. PMI, Agile/Scrum/Kanban), proficiency using Project Management Tools including MS Office products (Excel, Work, PowerPoint), JIRA, Confluence and MS Project and strong understanding of Product/Project/Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience managing cross-functional programs and release schedules
- Experience developing and executing/delivering product and technical roadmaps
- Track record of contributing to large, cross-team initiatives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Manage projects with top-down oversight throughout entire execution to ensure success as defined by adherence to standards of scope, budget, and timeline.
- Develop comprehensive project plans that merge customer requirements with company goals and coordinate various managers and technical personnel during all project phases, from initial development through implementation.
- Monitor project progress continuously and make detailed scheduled reports on measurable items, such as milestones and deliverables.
- Communicate proactively with all involved personnel to provide encouragement, identify problems, create solutions, and implement efficiency improvements.
- Analyze economics of project plans and provide actionable feedback relating to cost benefit and return-on-investment standards.
- Review proposed modifications on project plans, including meeting with interested parties to approve and implement beneficial changes.
- Oversee acquisition of resources and materials as needed before and during projects by talking with customers, team members, managers, and in-house accountants and negotiating price and payment agreements with vendors.
- Lead a portfolio of highly technical projects, ensuring delivery on plan and on budget
- Negotiate with business partners regarding projects plans for applications / technology products including planning, scheduling, resourcing, risk assessment, cost/benefit analysis and milestone establishment.
- Provide direction and leadership to project teams & team members (i.e. vendors, architecture, engineering, QA, business and system analysts, technical specialists, other project leaders).
- Coaching and guidance of junior TPMs
- Conflict management - specialized interpersonal skills to resolve situations with colleagues where they may be some level of conflict, stress or uncertainty
- Ability to manage ambiguity, uncertainty and changing priorities
- Use of formalized methodology and project tracking tools, forecasting, planning, financial controls, budgeting, risk management, issue management and organizational change management techniques
- Experience working in a matrix environment on-prem and virtual teams
- Track record of building strong partnerships with internal and external partners, team members and vendors
- Experience communicating with non-IT professionals and assessing needs / facilitating alternative solution definition
- End to end project facilitation expertise, from issue presentation to business case articulation and business solution(s) recommendation
- Ability to report and present accurately, confidently and enthusiastically to senior leadership team
- Ability to take initiative, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Current knowledge and experience with regards to BI/AI/IT, Solutions and Cloud Platform environment knowledge would be an asset
Full time Shift:
Day Length of Contract:
Not Applicable (Regular Position) Work Location:
8200 Dixie Road (101), Brampton, ON Travel Requirements:
Up to 10% Posting Category/Function:
Technology & Information Technology Requisition ID:
247120Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:Our people are at the heart of our success Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do We do what's right, each and every day We believe in the power of new ideas We work as one team, with one vision We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ .
Posting Notes: Digital & Technology
Brampton, ON, CA Being a Rogers team member comes with some great perks & benefits including:
• Health & well-being benefits
• Donation matching
• Paid time off for volunteering
• Wealth Accumulation including: Pension plan & Employee stock options
• Generous employee discounts
• Leadership development, Mentorship, and Coaching programsLooking for career guidance and inspiration?
Catch up on the latest episodes of For the Love of Work
podcast with Dr. Sonia Kang.Job Segment:
Project Manager, Engineer, Program Manager, Manager, Computer Science, Technology, Engineering, Management