Requisition ID: 158706
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. Title:
Developer, Global Payments and Cash Management (Hybrid)Purpose
Contributes to the overall success of Global Payments and Cash Management globally ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.Accountabilities
• Work within a cross functional Agile team to deliver solutions for various business lines of the bank
• Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Creative, self-starting, results oriented and highly motivated individual with very good analytical skills in order to apply this knowledge to independently resolve complex business problems
• Proven interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills in order to build consensus and obtain cooperation from business users, development and senior management
• Involved in the full Agile systems life cycle and is responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing and supporting application software.
• Look to implement Continuous Improvements and industry best practices I.e. reuse of existing code.
• Responsibilities may also include participation in component and data architecture design; performance monitoring, product evaluation and buy vs. build recommendations.
• Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment, make quick and sound decisions under pressure.
• Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank's Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
• Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.Required Skills:
• A recognized degree in engineering, computer science, math or related discipline
• 5+ years of software development experience
• Have experience in systems design and a solid understanding of development, quality assurance and integration methodologies.
• Ability to communicate effectively with a software development team on tight deadlines
• Extensive experience in JAVA related technologies and frameworks (J2EE, JSP, JSF 2, JUnit, Struts 1.x, ANGULAR JS, React JS, Spring Framework)
• Familiar with open Source DevOps tools (Bitbucket/GIT, Jenkins, Artifactory, Gradle, Docker)
• 2 years+ Experience developing microservices in Java
• 2 years+ of experience with Microsoft Azure, PCF.The Workplace
• We are technology partners who help the business transform how our employees around the world work
• We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
• You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
• We foster an environment of innovation and continuous learning
• We care about our people, allowing them to design how they work to deliver amazing results
• We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), and generous vacationScotiabank
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.Is this Role not the Exact fit?
Sign up to stay in touch; we'll let you know when we have new positions on the team.#scotiatechnology
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Developer, Test Engineer, Testing, Software Engineer, Data Architect, Technology, Engineering, Data
Engineering Information Technology