Permanent Reference code
:117021 Primary Location:
Toronto, Ontario, Canada All Available Locations:
Toronto, ON Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
--What will your typical day look like?
- Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
- Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills...whatever those may be.
- Have many careers in one Firm.
In this role as a Project Manager, you manage the end-to-end project lifecycle for small to large projects/programs. The project/program manager leads and coordinates team resources to ensure project/program milestones are met and the project/program is delivered on schedule and on budget with the highest standard of quality. The role also manages project/program risk identification and resolution to keep projects/programs on track and able to deliver planned outcomes. The project/program manager may have responsibility for managing day-to-day activities of other PMO team members as well as providing coaching and performance feedback.The role is expected to build and demonstrate a strong competency and business knowledge on assigned initiatives.This role may have responsibility for managing day-to-day activities of other PMO team members as well as providing coaching and performance feedback. Responsibilities:
About the team
- Manage overall planning, execution and delivery of projects/programs following Deloitte Technology project delivery guidelines and standards to meet technology and business requirements on time and within budget.
- Drives program/project teams to meet project/program milestones according to planned schedule.
- Track project/program progress and manages and escalate project/program issues and risks as appropriate; proactively identify and manage the resolution of risks and issues that may negatively impact a project/program or project/program deliverables;seek and implement innovative ways to remove project obstacles. Manage and track project/program budget/variance
- Deliver timely project/program reports and performance dashboards. Conduct regular project reviews and communicate the status of projects/programs in both formal and informal settings.
- Manage dependencies between tasks within the project as well as with other projects and closely monitor them
- Responsible for effective project and program kickoff, identification of key stakeholders, defining and clarifying key roles and responsibilities. Develop and execute project/program resource management plans.
- Build relationships with stakeholders and project/program teams to effectively manage and deliver quality projects/programs.
- Propose changes to project methodologies, frameworks, and promotes best practices for continuous process improvement.
- Build, motivate and lead project/program teams; instills a mindset of collaboration and continuous process improvement.
- Accountable for all applicable PMO related processes and methodologies and their proper and consistent execution on all projects
Deloitte Technology works at the forefront of technology development and processes to support and protect Deloitte around the world. In this truly global environment, we operate not in "what is" but rather "what can be" to help Deloitte deliver and connect with its clients, its communities, and one another in ways not previously conceived.Enough about us, let's talk about you
Education & Certifications:
- 5+ years of experience managing large, complex, cross-functional IT projects utilizing a structured project management methodology and formal tools/approaches.
- Proven expertise in project estimation, planning, tracking, scope control, risk and issues management as well as status reporting.
- Advanced knowledge of project metrics, including gathering, reporting, trend analysis, and presentation of metrics.
- Strong commitment to professional client service excellence.
- Excellent planning and organization skills. Ability to take a project/initiative/program from ideation and organize a plan.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with customers, yet represent accurately the perspective of Technology.
- Demonstrated ability to encourage, motivate and mentor team members.
- Bachelor's degree in Business/IT.
- PMP/Prince 2 certification preferred.
- Agile/Scrum master certification a plus.
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life. Be yourself, and more.
- Strong knowledge of Project Management methodologies
- Good understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Agile project experience is desirable
- Advanced skills in MS Project, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- ServiceNow experience is desirable
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance. You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you're from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be. Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader. Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles - and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships - between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Project Manager, Business Process, Information Technology, IT Manager, Equity, Technology, Management, Finance
Management and Executive