Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview
Infrastructure Technology Solutions (ITS) Project Delivery Lead (PDL), within Infrastructure Delivery & Enablement (IDE), is accountable to manage the infrastructure components of business technology initiatives through the various phases of the project lifecycle, including managing the deployment of changes into production while minimizing risk to existing services. This encompasses management of such activities as: project plans, project costs/expenses, milestones, resource assignment, activity coordination, gathering of operational and non-functional requirements, tracking/reporting on deliverables, and ensuring adherence to appropriate governance. Job Description
We are seeking a Project Manager to fill a role within the Project Delivery Lead (PDL) Team, for delivering Infrastructure components of Technology Solutions projects. The candidate will report to the Senior Manager, Project Delivery, and will have strong working relationships with Delivery and/or Project Managers for the projects to which she/he is assigned. The position requires a self-starter with strong leadership qualities, and proven experience delivering complex technology projects.
The role is required to:
- Lead the delivery of Infrastructure components of multiple projects (Tier 1, 2, & 3) from concept to implementation.
- Manage multiple project resources from cross-functional ITS teams, as well as interfacing with project leaders, technology specialists, professional staff, vendors and consultants.
- Demonstrate strong communications skills (written & verbal), proven ability to effectively interact with individuals across business units and at various levels within the Bank (technical, business, including Senior & Executive Management).
- Demonstrate strong cost estimation and financial management skills, using appropriate ITS tools and business practices, as it pertains to ITS' technology effort.
- A thorough knowledge of TDBFG Project Management methodologies (ex. Agile, Scrum, SDLC, Waterfall), and ensuring that recognized Project Management processes, discipline and controls are consistently applied to projects.
- Identify all project dependencies and risks, ensuring that they are effectively managed
- Ensure mitigation/contingency plans are in place for identified risks.
- Track Project Management deliverables against the budget and the approved project plan, working with Technology partners to develop the content of those deliverables
- Provide project reporting and ad-hoc analysis, and present project status and issues requiring attention by senior management.
- Manage communication to key stakeholders.
- Build consensus and relationships with project team and Business, through use of superior negotiation skills.
Specific Educational Requirements/Accreditations:
- College / University or equivalent work experience.
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM)
- Project Management Professional (PMI-PMP/PMI-ACP) is required.
- 5+ years project management experience, with at least 2 years managing Technology projects
- Scrum Master Training/Experience
- Experience managing Infrastructure technology projects would be an asset
- Knowledge of Corporate business areas and applications would be an asset
- Proficiency with MS Office PC software applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Visio)
- People management experience is an asset
- Knowledge of ITS internal Business practices and related tools/processes
- Knowledge of Azure and Cloud infrastructure an asset
Some afterhours/weekend activities during implementations will be required Hours
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.