Building Science Project Manager
We are looking for an intermediate Building Science engineer/architect for our Ottawa office. The candidates are to have experience working for consulting A/E firms in the buildings and property market in the Ottawa region.
Join a global leader in professional services. We are committed to solving the world's greatest challenges in the water, energy and urbanization market sectors. Main responsibilities
- In charge of the planning, collaboration, execution, and management of projects related to the building envelope with a strong understanding of building envelope and building science principles;
- Conduct Property Condition Assessments and Reserve Fund Studies;
- Plan, collaborate, execute, and manage different types of projects related to technical expertise (diagnostic, technical-legal, etc.), physical assessments of buildings, development of plans and specifications for rehabilitation building envelope systems.
- Participate in the preparation of service offers and contracts;
- Ensure the application of relevant standards and laws;
- Ensure the quality of interventions, compliance with deadlines for deliverables and project fees;
- Other related tasks.
Note that project manager will be supported by a multidisciplinary of project managers, project coordinators, site technicians, certified thermographers, etc., that are engineers, junior engineers, technologists and technicians. Key Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in building science, building engineering, civil engineering, construction engineering or architecture;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the field of building science;
- Member of the Professional Engineers of Ontario or the Ontario Association of Architects;
- Strong understanding of building envelope and building science principles;
- Strong proven background and experience in conducting Property Condition Assessments and Reserve Fund studies;
- Fully Bilingual (possesses strong written and communication skills (both languages));
- Client facing experience;
- Experience with construction cost estimating;
- Experience as designer or consultant relating to building envelope, parking garage, fenestration restoration/rehabilitation would be considered an asset;
- Analytical skills and professional judgment.
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative environment.
- Mastery of the MS Office suite;
- Possess a valid driver's license and a vehicle.
As a diverse and inclusive organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, GHD will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Science Management and Executive