WSP is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant and/or Project Coordinator to join our Ground Engineering Department, located at various offices across Ontario. The Administrative Assistant and/or Project Coordinator duties include producing reports, preparing presentations, review documents, basic invoicing, resolve issues, plan team functions, word processing, document preparation, data entry, photocopying, distribution, filing, preparation of courier packages of projects and proposals, as directed by the Project and Team Managers. This position is required to interact closely with Project Managers and project staff to ensure the timely completion of each project. Why WSP? We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging Our Flexible Work Policy - we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours.Why WSP?
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.#WeAreWSPA day in the life:
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy - we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Assist in the project opening process, including project file and accounting set-up, and the preparation of project start-up documentation;
- Support the business line marketing initiatives including coordination of events, sponsorship, advertising, budget tracking, and membership renewals;
- Maintain a database of projects and CV updates for the team;
- Ensuring project files are kept up to date using a specified document control system.
- Administration/support of SharePoint portals for the project, proposal and business sites;
- Develop, produce and distribute reports, studies, proposals, and general correspondence;
- Assist in daily administrative duties and tasks;
- Typing, formatting, photocopying, faxing and emailing documents;
- Communicating with the project team to assist with the monitoring and control of budgets and schedules.
- Liaise with clients, subcontractors, and other potentially involved stakeholders.
- Creating and updating project budgets and schedules and flagging issues to the project manager.
- Review invoices and billing summaries and track budgets.
- College diploma in Administration or other equivalent training;
- 2 or more years of relevant experience as an Administration Assistant preferably within an Engineering/Architectural or other professional service office;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to respond to changing priorities and handling multiple tasks;
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and prioritize workload;
- Proficient on computer software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Experience working with SharePoint would be considered an asset;
- Good initiative, strong attention to detail;
- Decision making and problem solving ability ;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate in French is an asset
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.