What is the opportunity?
Are you interested in the opportunity to work as a Project Control Officer Co-op? By applying to this job posting, you will be considered for multiple roles available across RBC Technology & Operations. Some exciting types of roles you'll be considered are:
What will you do?
- Project Manager
- Planning Coordinator
- Project Control Officer
What do you need to succeed?Must-have
- Complete a series of monthly tasks/processes such as tracking professional fees and cost savings, project financials, and related input
- Reconciliation of monthly financials reports, vendor invoices meeting defined deadlines
- Partner with managers to ensure accurate resource allocation
- Collaborate with various groups to ensure IT project portfolio data is accurate and any variances are corrected
- Create/update detailed project schedules
- Assist project managers through all project gates, including project closing, and in identifying task dependencies and constraints
- Monitor resource forecasting, other costs, and use of generic resources to ensure that project funds and project forecasts are comparable
What's in it for you?
- Currently enrolled at a Canadian post-secondary institution with a focus on business administration, project management, or equivalent
- Leadership acumen and a passion to apply it in a dynamic business environment
- Excellent interpersonal and highly developed communication skills (verbal and written)
- Creative and analytical thinker who is self-driven and capable of working in a fast paced environment
- Strong MS Office skills - Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we accept applications on a rolling basis, but please note that the formal application deadline is May 31, 2021. Should you be selected to progress, someone from our team will reach out directly to provide instructions on next steps. Otherwise, feel free to check for progress updates by logging in to your RBC profile. If the status has not changed, it denotes the fact that your application is still under review.
- Network and build lasting relationships with students from diverse backgrounds from across Canada
- Participate in fun events and gamification challenges to help build your career tool kit while enjoying a work-life balance
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and learning opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive and highly performing team
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Enjoy a comfortable work environment with the option to dress casually
While there is no one date when our employees will return, we can confirm that the majority of Fall Work Integrated Learning | Co-op positions will start working remotely, however may transition to working at an RBC office as essential service restrictions are lifted. About RBC
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries.. For more information, please visit rbc.com.Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request. JOB SUMMARY City:
Student JobPosition Level: