PORT HOPE, ON
This opportunity is to join the WSP team responsible for the execution and construction of the Port Hope Area Initiative (PHAI)
. The PHAI represents the federal government's response to the community-requested solution for the cleanup and local, long-term, safe management of historic low-level radioactive waste in the municipalities of Port Hope and Clarington.
WSP is seeking a Project Accounting Manager
who will support complex multi-disciplinary remediation projects for PHAI. The successful candidate will demonstrate strong leadership skills and will be an effective communicator.
Please note that this opportunity is based at the project location in PORT HOPE
, Ontario.Why WSP?
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.#WeAreWSP A day in the life:
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
What you'll bring to WSP:
- Manage Payroll for WSP staff.
- Manage a client invoicing team.
- Responsible for Accounts Payable (AP) and Accounts Receivable (AR) and related activities
- Assist project delivery team on the use of financial project analysis tools, dashboards through WSP's accounting system
- Understand commercial, billing and payment terms on the project and act as a liaison with to ensure invoices are prepared and sent to the client in a timely manner.
- Support project delivery team on the use of financial project analysis tools, dashboards, etc.
- Accurately reflect a projects' financial status by ensuring timely recording of all cost and revenue transactions.
- Manage and lead internal financial reporting, and collaborate with other managers to contribute to external reporting.
- Degree or Diploma in administration or accounting
- More than five (5) years' experience in a similar role (project accounting for a project based, contractor organization);
- Experience managing or supervising a Finance or Accounting team;
- Knowledge of the professional services industry, project-based accounting and ERP systems (Oracle Accounting experience is an asset)
- Good understanding of accounting principles and policies
- Ability to work under pressure, and the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously under tight deadlines;
- Demonstrated professional judgment and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent command of Microsoft Windows tools;
- Eligible for Reliability security clearance (individual must have 3 full years of verifiable history in Canada, USA, UK, New Zealand and/or Australia).
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance