is currently seeking a Project Accountant to join the finance team in support of the Land Development and Municipal Engineering Team in Canada.
The Project Accountant provides support to Project Managers and is responsible for maintaining a portfolio of projects through the project life cycle. Reporting to the Business Unit Controller, the role of the Project Accountant is to provide knowledge and understanding of contracts and agreements to ensure accurate, timely and complete information for all accounting activities from project set-up, cost recording, revenue recognition, project forecasting and project closure while leveraging the project management system to its fullest extent. Other requirements of the role include ensuring projects are properly setup to accurately reflect the contractual terms and as sold margins, participate in month end reviews, coordinate revenue adjustments as required and provide analysis on variances to Project Managers and the National Business Line Controllers.Why WSP?
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.#WeAreWSPA day in the life:
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy - we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Provide support and oversight on a portfolio of projects with multiple PMs across business units.
- Attend regular meetings with Project Delivery Team on the financial status of projects.
- Lead the financial review for projects to ensure compliance with accounting standards and corporate policies.
- Assist PM's through the financial lifecycle of a project (i.e. setup, monitoring, updating and closure).
- Accurately reflect a projects' financial status by ensuring timely recording of all cost and revenue transactions.
- Ensure project is setup and updated accurately and mirrors the as-sold price, cost and margin of the contract, and that addendums/change orders and PO's support the contract value loaded in the system
- Work with the Project Delivery Team to ensure timely project reviews are performed, ETCs and EACs prepared and updated and any financial issues related to earnings, cash-flow, and reporting are addressed.
- Assess project financial risks and assist in updating the project risk register and revenue adjustment forms as needed.
- Train and educate project delivery team on the use of project analysis tools, dashboards, Oracle, etc.
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of the company's revenue and costing methodologies and provides expertise to the Project Delivery Team.
- Assist with external and internal project audit requirements.
- Understand commercial, billing and payment terms on the project and act as a liaison with the Billing team to ensure invoices are prepared and sent to the client in a timely manner.
- Assist Controllers with project related reserves as required (i.e. Estimate at Completion adjustments, Accounts Receivable, Work in Progress, Legal claims) and proformas.
- Coordinate with Controllers in maintaining the Risk and Opportunities log.
- Support Controllers during month end close as required.
- Prepare and analyze variances pertaining to cost and revenue.
- Review backup documentation and track all monthly adjustments as required by BUCs.
- Provide financial assistance as required during the bid and pursuit phase as required.
- Prepare ad hoc financial reports for Controllers and Management.
- Bachelor's degree in administration or accounting
- 3 years of experience in project accounting, in financial and operational management;
- Knowledge of the professional services industry, project-based accounting and ERP systems;
- Ability to work under pressure, with remote teams and the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously under tight deadlines;
- Demonstrated professional judgment and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent command of Microsoft Windows tools;
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English;
- Knowledge of Oracle would be an asset.
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance