is currently seeking an intermediate Project Accountant to join the finance team in support of the Canadian Earth & Environment business line, in our Ottawa or Toronto offices.
The Project Accountant provides support to the Project Managers/Coordinators and is responsible for maintaining a portfolio of projects throughout the project life cycle. Reporting to the Project accounting supervisor and Controller, the Project Accountant has a good understanding of the contracts awarded to provide accurate, timely and complete information on all project accounting activities from project initiation, charged transactions, revenue recognition, cost and revenue forecasts to project closure. Also, the Project Accountant ensures that projects are configured in accordance with the terms of the contract, including the margins sold. He/she participates in month-end analyses, coordinates revenue adjustments if required and provides variance analysis to the project managers and controllers.Why WSP?
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.#WeAreWSPA day in the life :
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy - we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
What you'll bring to WSP :
- Provide support and maintenance to a portfolio of complex projects under multiple Project Managers in the Environmental market segment;
- Assist Project Managers through the financial lifecycle of a project (i.e. opening, tracking, updating and closing the project);
- Ensure that projects are properly created and updated to accurately reflect the value of the mandate, costs and expected margin of the contract and that addendums/change orders and purchase orders support the value of the mandate in the accounting system;
- Work with Project Managers/Coordinators, the credit & collections team and management as needed with the A/R collections process;
- Validate that the financial status of the project is correct by ensuring that all costs and revenues are recorded at the appropriate time;
- Work with the project delivery team to ensure regular project reviews and that the projected costs to complete \"ETC\" and total costs to complete \"EAC\" are validated and updated and that all financial issues related to revenues, budgets and profitability are addressed;
- Support the PM in preparing the project financials presentation for high management reviews
- Train and educate the project delivery team on the use of project analysis tools, dashboards, projex etc..
- Assist the Controller with projects that require accruals (revenue adjustments, accounts receivable, work in progress, claims);
- Assist the Controller with month-end closing, as required;
- Prepare ad hoc financial reports for the Controller, Project Managers and Managers.
- Bachelor's degree in administration or accounting
- Minimum 2 to 4 years of experience in a similar position in financial and operational management;
- Excellent communication in English (spoken and written);
- Knowledge of the professional services industry, project-based accounting and ERP systems;
- Ability to work under pressure, with remote teams and the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously under tight deadlines;
- Demonstrated professional judgment and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent command of Microsoft Windows tools;
- Knowledge of Oracle would be an asset.
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance