Requisition ID: 100996
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. The Role:
Programmer Analyst Advisory is a key position in the Global Wholesale and Risk Technology team, responsible for servicing Global Capital Markets and delivering system solutions for Global Wholesale Operations - Confirmations.Is this role right for you?
In this role you will be -
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- Providing expert-level technical solutions and support to a vendor integrated product.
- A committed full-stack developer that can deliver code with a high degree of quality and speed; design and maintain test suites to ensure high quality.
- Investigating and troubleshooting with great thoroughness to provide accurate and quick feedback or workaround to the business.
- A self-disciplined developer that can provide strong architecture design solutions that meet all functional, non-functional and security requirements;
- Responsible for research and explore proof of concepts for ideas to grow the value of the product;
- Owning technology excellence with a hands-on approach to keep current on the application technology stack;
- Collaborating with various teams with technical and business backgrounds to optimize the product and increase overall quality, functionality, and satisfaction;
- Adhering to agile mindset and scrum framework with a strong team mentality.
- A matured team member that can provide guidance to peers, and ensure knowledge is well organized and shared inside the team.
What's in it for you?
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability and confidence to interpret and explain complex technology concepts in simple terms to any level business user, director, or VP.
- Must have 5+ years experience with .NET and C# development with expert level knowledge of language and developing environments. Nice to have Java experience.
- Must have 5+ years experience with Microsoft SQL Server. Expert knowledge of SQL server design, admin, tuning and troubleshooting.
- Strong knowledge of commonly used data schemas in XML, JSON, AVRO, CSV, etc.
- Strong analytic skills in both technology and business areas.
- Strong troubleshooting skills in production support.
- Strong knowledge of PowerShell scripting. Nice to have experience in Unix Shell scripting.
- Expert knowledge to Windows Server admin, AD, and IIS. Nice to have experience in Unix admin;
- Experience with source control tools such as Git, BitBucket, SVN.
- Experience with DevOps tools like Azure DevOps or Jenkins. Hands-on experience in building and maintaining automated deployment pipelines.
- Hands-on experience in using test tools like NUnit and Selenium.
- Hands-on experience in enterprise data integration platforms such as Kafka, ElasticSearch, MQ.
- Knowledge of building secured applications conforming to enterprise architecture standards like SFTP, TLS, certificate, authentication, authorization etc.
- Hands-on experience in Docker and in developing/deploying/testing/running applications in a Cloud environment.
- Experience using collaboration tools such as JIRA, Confluence, or similar Azure DevOps tools.
- Must have 3+ years experience in Canadian banking or other capital markets knowledge.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), generous vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Developer, Bank, Banking, Programmer, Web Design, Technology, Finance, Creative