Requisition ID: 115342
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
In Technology at Scotia, we're questioning everything about how we bank today to come up with the right solutions for our customers tomorrow. Reinvention starts here - and it starts with you. GWMS - Portfolio Management team is responsible for driving the technology solution implementations to support the bank's wealth portfolio management business. This team is undertaking a major modernization initiative providing an exciting opportunity for those who are willing to gain invaluable work experience in wealth technology. By joining us, you will be entraining on a journey of professional and personal development! Is this role right for you? In this role, you will:
Where could you work? Both at home and in the office.
- Design, develop, test and implement complex software applications for our wealth management business.
- Perform object data modeling and analysis.
- Actively participate in code review and test solutions to ensure the code meets best practice specifications.
- Continually acquire and enhance knowledge of wealth management applications and interfaces with current banking systems.
- Participate in reviews of wealth management applications, both in-house built systems and vendor applications.
- Actively participate in the systems implementation process.
We're focused on being an employer of choice for the communities we serve and offering a hybrid work environment for top Tech talent in Canada's capital city.
We're creating a local ScotiaTech Hub in Ottawa. You'll have the opportunity both to work remotely, and head to the Ottawa office for in-person moments that foster team cohesiveness and collaboration. Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed? We'd love to work with you if you have:
What's in it for you?
- 7+ years of experience in planning, designing, developing and delivering solutions using experience in core Java, Spring (Spring Core, Spring Batch, Spring MVC, Spring Boot).
- Good experience in designing and deploying RESTful APIs using JSON message structures.
- Good hands-on experience with MS SQL and any other databases.
- Experience with Linux/Unix shell scripting.
- Experience with CI Tools like Confluence, JIRA, BitBucket, Jenkins, Gradle.
- Experience in development of wealth management applications (e.g. Charles River, PureFacts etc.) is an asset.
- Experience in designing and deploying cloud-based applications is an asset.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success.
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences.
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world.
- Our work from home social channel offers weekly virtual yoga, social events, learning opportunities, and lots more.
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), and generous vacation.
Location(s): Ottawa || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa || Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Developer, Bank, Banking, Programmer, Computer Science, Technology, Finance