Tangerine is Canada's leading direct bank. We offer flexible and accessible banking options, innovative products, and award-winning Client service. The reason why Tangerine employees come to work each day is to help Canadians live better lives. We focus on making a difference in our communities, and that includes our own internal community. It's important to us that our employees feel empowered and enthusiastic about belonging to our Orange culture. ROLE PURPOSE:
To succeed in this role, the candidate must be a self-starter with the ability to drive, prioritize and generate deliverables and communications between cross-functional teams while at all times considering the big picture. The Program Manager will be expected to understand the levers of growth for the bank businesses and add value to the creation of the strategic plans. Success in this role requires excellent written and oral communication skills, and the ability to present comfortably to an executive audience. The candidate must be able to work collaboratively and to drive performance from cross-functional teams under aggressive timelines.ROLE ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Define the Program's overall scope and elaborate until work streams and deliverables are clearly articulated to ensure the desired output.
• Design the delivery strategy for the programs and execute successfully against that strategy.
• Lead the programs in a transparent, efficient and effective manner applying project and change management methodologies and best practices.
• Develop the project's key objectives, scope, success criteria and communicate them effectively across the project team.
• Plan, schedule, monitor and hold work stream leaders accountable for program deliverables and milestones.
• Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
• Manage internal program resources and a team of external consultants, (if/when applicable).
• Take a "hands-on" approach and make recommendations to resolve any program related issues as they arise. Proactively suggest tools, methodologies, approaches and best practices to prevent such issues.
• Coordinate with key internal and external stakeholders to clearly manage expectations, delivery schedules, and dependencies between work streams.
• Identify areas of program related risks/opportunities, manage conflicts and drive solutions.
• Develop, edit, maintain and publish documentation and schedules for the various programs.
• Communicate program status, make decisions, and manage risk areas.
• Monitor "fit for purpose" documentation (alignment to BNS standards) and best practices) to ensure it is maintained in JIRA/Confluence and enforces traceability (e.g., decision-making).
• Attend Sprint Reviews / Demos, provide feedback, and encourage the relevant stakeholders to escalate incidents or concerns.
• Monitor to ensure engagement and participation of the appropriate SMEs at critical ceremonies and in decision-making.
• Monitor backlog and grooming (prioritization) of users stories for linkage to business case objectives, product vision and roadmaps.
• Monitor for resolution (or escalation) of bugs, blockers and dependencies that are impediments which could derail deliverables.
• Confirm appropriate UAT /QAT / Regression testing and sign-off before MVPs are released into production
• Facilitate steering committee and program status meetings with broader cross-functional teams.
• Chair regular program update meetings with stream leads to maintain focus on scope and key deliverables.
• Lead the development of process mapping requirements within the business unit, including keeping process maps and risk mapping up to date and current
• Responsible for the reporting of the business non-financial Risk activities including monitoring, and reporting on business Key Risk Indicators (KRIs), coordination of Risk and Control Self-Assessments (RCSAs), and executing on identified Risk mitigation strategies
• Responsible for understanding and complying with the Regulatory Compliance Framework including the Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing and Sanctions Policy and all AML related policies, procedures and controls within the department.
• Other duties as assigned.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
o University or College Degree
o Minimum 10 years of experience in the Canadian banking industry
o Minimum 7 years of managerial/leadership experience
o Minimum 5 years of leading large scale projects, portfolio and/or program management
o Experience in leading through influence without authority
• Professional Certification
o Change management certification (PMP, Lean, Six Sigma) is an asset
• Technical Skills
o Bilingualism (French/English) is an asset
o Excellent problem diagnosis and analytical skills
o Ability to think strategically
o Ability to grasp new concepts quickly
o Ability to work effectively and professionally across a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
o Proven ability to deliver large cross-functionally strategic initiatives
o Strong interpersonal and communication skills WORKING CONDITIONS:
The Manager, Product Operations and Business Effectiveness will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients. DIRECT REPORTS:
No. DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION:
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.MANAGING RISK:
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : North York
At Tangerine we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the team, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Job Segment:
Program Manager, Operations Manager, Bank, Banking, Management, Operations, Finance
Banking, Finance and Insurance