Program Manager Device Cert
Rogers Wireless is seeking collaborative, digital-first team members committed to keeping Canadians connected. As Canada's market leader, Rogers Wireless offers a range of specialized plans, products, and services through its three wireless brands: Rogers, Fido, and chatr. We are proudly paving the way for the future of wireless innovation on the country's largest and most reliable 5G network.Come build a rewarding career at Rogers and be a driving force behind our success story!Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a motivated Program Manager to join our Wireless Products and Device Management team. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the Wireless Mobile Device Certification Program, ensuring that all devices on our network meet regulatory requirements, industry standards, and deliver an exceptional user experience.What you'll do:
What you bring:
- Lead the end-to-end Wireless Mobile Device Certification Program, overseeing the certification process from initial device submission to market launch.
- Collaborate with internal teams, external vendors, and device manufacturers to establish and maintain strong working relationships.
- Ensure that all certified devices comply with relevant regulatory requirements and standards, keeping abreast of changes in regulations and adapting the program accordingly.
- Implement and manage quality assurance processes to guarantee the reliability, performance, and security of certified mobile devices.
- Develop and maintain project plans, timelines, and deliverables, ensuring that milestones are met within established deadlines.
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation related to device certification processes, standards, and compliance requirements.
- Identify potential risks and implement mitigation strategies to address challenges throughout the certification process.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including IT, Engineering, Network Operations, and Marketing, to align device certification with overall business objectives.
- Generate regular reports on certification progress, key performance indicators, and present findings to leadership.
- Leads in the development and implementation of structured testing concepts, methodologies, and automated testing tools.
- Oversees day to day delivery of testing operations, including general direction for assigned area and 3rd party resources.
- Manages development, reviews and approvals of test cases, test scripts and associated documentation; contributes and facilitates test readiness reviews.
- Leads issue review meetings with technical account managers from OEM and Apps vendors.
- Compiles and distributes project test reports; escalates outstanding or critical issues; conducts root cause analysis.
- Serves as technical authority to other project team members in relevant work procedures, methodologies, environments, and applications.
- Trains, motivates, and mentors peers within department.
- Devises, recommends, and implements continuous improvements of the test prime function; identifies areas for automation; recommends standards.
- Responsible for leading development, implementation, control, and distribution of practices; promotes understanding of the testing and disciplines.
- Other day-to-day activities or projects as outlined by the Manager.
What's in it for you?
- University degree, technical and/or business combination.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in program management and/or product development, preferably within the mobile telecommunications industry
- Strong understanding of mobile network technologies, device compatibility requirements, and regulatory landscape.
- Core internet, cable and media business knowledge is an asset.
- Exposure to a wide variety of technologies.
- Proven track record of successfully managing and delivering complex technical projects.
- Deep understanding of wireless technologies, mobile device ecosystems, and industry standards (3GPP, GSMA, etc.).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong relationships.
- Proficiency in project management methodologies and tools.
- Ability to liaise with other departments and provide technical information in a business format.
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to manage priorities, set expectations and get things done.
- Excellent ability to communicate business and technical concepts, both written and oral.
- Ability to work effectively and independently on multiple simultaneous tasks within a fast-paced environment, yet a strong team player
- Highly motivated individual with superior organizational and analytical skills.
We believe in investing in our people and helping them reach their potential as valuable members of our team. As part of our team, you'll have access to a wide range of incredible resources, growth opportunities, discounts, and perks, including:
- Competitive salary & annual bonus
- Competitive & flexible health and dental benefits, pension plan, RRSP, TFSA, and Stock matching programs.
- Discounts: Enjoy up to 50% off Rogers Services and Blue Jays Tickets, 25% off TSC items, and a 20% discount on all wireless accessories sold in Rogers stores.
- Paid time off for volunteering
- Company matching contributions to charities you support
- Growth & Development Opportunities:
- Self-driven career development programs (E.g. MyPath program) o Rogers First: priority in applying to internal roles of interest
- Wellness Programs:
- Homewood employee & family assistance program o Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) & Virtual therapy sessions o Low or no-cost fitness membership with access to virtual classes
- Our commitment to the environment and diversity:
- Work for an organization committed to environmental protection o Strong commitment to diversity and inclusion with employee resource groups supporting equity-deserving groups including groups representing People of Colour, 2SLGBTQIA+, Indigenous Peoples, Persons with Disabilities and Women. We all bring something different, and we know what makes us different makes us great.
This is a hybrid work position and will require you to be in office three days per week. You can choose which days in office work best for you! If you are selected to move forward in the recruitment process, here is what you can expect:
- 15-minute phone screen with your recruiter, 1-hour virtual interview with Hiring Manager, 30-minute final round virtual interview with Director of the team. Best of luck!
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 333 Bloor Street East (012), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Marketing & Product Management
Requisition ID: 270451
At Rogers, we believe the key to a strong business, is a diverse workforce where equity and inclusion are core to making everyone feel like they belong. We do this by embracing our diversity, celebrating our different perspectives, and working towards creating environments that empower our people to bring their whole selves to work. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential by removing any barriers for equal participation. We work with our candidates who are experiencing a disability throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Recruitment Process FAQ
Successful candidates will be required to complete a background check as part of the hiring process.
Toronto, ON, CA Being a Rogers team member comes with some great perks & benefits including:
• Health & well-being benefits
• Donation matching
• Paid time off for volunteering
• Wealth Accumulation including: Pension plan & Employee stock options
• Generous employee discounts
• Leadership development, Mentorship, and Coaching programs
*available for full-time and part-time permanent employees, some restrictions apply Looking for career guidance and inspiration?
Catch up on the latest episodes of For the Love of Work
podcast with Dr. Sonia Kang.Job Segment:
Program Manager, Compliance, Marketing Manager, Network, Telecom, Management, Legal, Marketing, Technology
Apply now »
Banking, Finance and Insurance Management and Executive