At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
The 92.7 ROCK Program Director will lead the brand's on air and digital experience, responsible for talent, content and programming. This is a leadership role and requires an individual who can lead by example and model our values. We believe in fostering a creative, collaborative, accountable, fair and fun environment, and our next PD will be responsible for nurturing that environment among our team in Sudbury. This role reports to National Format Director, Rock.
- Develop and execute the programming plan for the radio station.
- Lead the local content team to create and curate content on multiple platforms including FM, digital and mobile.
- Coaching, development and recruitment of on-air talent, production and promotions staff.
- Co-ordinate with Music, Production, News & Promotions departments to accomplish the sound of the station in accordance with the format.
- Partner with Promotions, Sales and Creative teams with respect to promotions, contests, marketing and commercial integrations.
- Work in conjunction with National Format Director, Programming & Sales in support of local, national & corporate business goals to increase market share & revenue.
- Manage programming budget.
- Ensure station complies with CRTC regulations.
- Maintain competitive market knowledge and awareness.
- Build strong social media presence with compelling & relevant content that fits the brand.
- This role will provide support to the National Format Director in respect to coordinating programming & initiatives across the Ontario North region.
- Experience in programming management is desirable.
- Proven track record in effectively leading teams.
- Previous on-air experience would be advantageous but not essential for the role.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills to effectively deal with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to analyse data and make business decisions based on analysis; sound judgement and quality decision-making skills.
- Organized and the ability to prioritize.
- Openness to feedback and coaching.
- Audio editing skills (the technical ability to find, edit, and package audio clips for air).
- Video editing skills would be beneficial.
- Understanding of how to utilize and grow social media.
- Experience with Wide Orbit Automation; VoxPro; Adobe Audition & Word Press an asset.
Full time Shift:
No Selection Length of Contract:
Not Applicable (Regular Position) Work Location:
880 Lasalle Blvd (151), Sudbury, ON Travel Requirements:
No Selection Posting Category/Function:
Broadcasting & Programming Requisition ID:
183592 Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what's right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ .
Posting Notes: Media Job Segment:
Manager, Program Manager, Management
Find similar jobs: