The Amazon Web Services Professional Services team is looking for Professional Services sales executives who can develop and lead significant customer programs during the solution and pursuit stages, develop a long-term Professional Services strategy and execute that strategy with those customers. A successful candidate is a trusted advisor for our customers and the role includes all aspects of business development, deal structuring, deal support and closure in those accounts.
AWS Professional Services engages in a wide variety of projects with enterprise customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base. We are obsessed about successful outcomes for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered at the right time, and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
• Engage customers - collaborate with AWS sales and partner teams to develop strong customer and partner relationships and build a growing business and drive AWS adoption in a geographic territory and/or for a named set of customers
• Enable cloud transformation - develop long term Cloud Strategy with customers, identify & develop specific opportunities and supporting business cases, manage issues and risks
• Support the commercial relationship - plan and implement a portfolio of projects, including budget & deliverable responsibilities, drive proposal construction, including estimations and deal pricing, conduct contract negotiations & execute contracts
• Lead matrixed, high performing teams of consultants with superior technical depth and outstanding customer relationship skills
• Be an advocate - work with AWS engineering teams to convey partner and enterprise customer feedback as input to AWS technology roadmaps
• Think big - ability to assess customer marketplace circumstances, organizational readiness, and C-level sponsor willingness to initiate conversations that lead to broader strategic transformation programs, construct large, complex multi-month programs which include multiple ProServe engagement services
This is a customer-facing role. You be required to travel to client locations to deliver professional services when needed (up to 30%).BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 15+ years of IT consulting/management experience, with demonstrated IT Transformation experience in customer-facing roles
• Demonstrated success in identifying, developing, negotiating, and closing large-scale technology projects to complex enterprise accounts
• Demonstrated ability to work creatively and analytically in meeting customer needs
• A proven track record of overseeing and delivering large-scale enterprise IT projects
• BA/BS degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Math background preferredPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Understanding of infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) cloud computing transition challenges
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
• Outstanding customer relationship management experience and collaboration skills
• Experience with design of modern, scalable delivery models for technology consulting services
• Business development experience including complex agreements w/ integrators and ISVs
• Enterprise Architecture Frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman) and identifying the relationships between business services, information, applications and global infrastructure assets
• Enterprise IT management frameworks (e.g. COBIT, ITIL)
• Broad Enterprise systems experience including SAP, Oracle, and custom applications
• Familiarity with compliance & security standards across the enterprise IT landscape
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including group leadership and executive presentations
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Amazon is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.