Requisition ID: 99561
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Job Summary:
This role is critical to supporting the Bank's General Ledger systems across the ECR domain as well as Corporate EGL systems. These systems are CIA asset designate with the local and corporate financial reporting in statutory and regulatory framework being reported through these systems Job Responsibilities:
- Provide 2 nd Level support to business users based out of Canada within the corporate finance functions
- Work with the multiple finance teams within EO and Other Business Line domains to evaluate the requirements and provide appropriate technology solution
- Work with stakeholders for the testing and deployment of technology solutions and liaison with business and technology teams
- Leverage existing tools utilized for Planning & Forecasting such as Hyperion Planning System (HPS), Enterprise General Ledger (EGL) and Reporting Oracle Business Intelligence (OBI), including SmartView.
- Manage deliverables for assigned projects through all stages of the project life cycle from concept to implementation, e.g. scope, work effort, track task to a project schedule, map process flows, document requirements, document implementation strategy, prepare communications, provide insight for design and development, participate in testing, etc.
- Liaise between Finance clients and application developers to provide detailed requirements
- Perform sustainment activities: Change Request assessment, tracking, testing, coordination, clarification, scheduling, prioritization, follow-ups, defect resolution, etc.
- Conduct occasional training sessions as requested by the business lines, subject to conditions
- Strong knowledge of the financial accounting and reporting standards under GAAP and IFRS standard of accounting and reporting to support the Business Users in the implementation of the appropriate GAAP and IFRS principles and rules to the technology solution. The role requires extensive exposure to the CGAAP as well as IFRS standards as well as domain knowledge within the GL systems (Peoplesoft) to apply appropriate drivers to the technology solution
- Strong business writing and verbal communication skills, including the ability to select the most appropriate method of communication, to clearly and concisely prepare a variety of business communications and to maintain and build relationships with our stakeholders and business partners
- Expertise across the Business Analysis lifecycle from Business Process to Business Requirements to Design, Development and Testing
- Experience in facilitating the capture and documentation of business process (modelling and charting workflows) and of Business Requirements.
- Knowledge of Planning & Forecasting tools, Statutory, Regulatory and Business Line reporting, Allocations, Oracle Financials and EPM Products
- Knowledge of bank processes, accounting, and/or technology
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills as well as mentoring and presentation skills (relationship management and training support)
- Strong team orientation and teamwork skills required (reach agreement/consensus; conflict resolution)
- Accounting designation would be an asset
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Previous financial industry experience
- 4-5 years of functional systems experience
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Accounting, PeopleSoft, Bank, Banking, Database, Finance, Technology