Requisition ID: 151929
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. The Team
The Finance Applications and Operations team is responsible for the project development, sustainment and maintenance work related to all finance and risk technology software platforms in Scotiabank. The Role
This role is critical to supporting the Bank's local General Ledger systems across the English Caribbean Region domain (ECR) as well as the Enterprise / Corporate General Ledger (EGL). These systems are CIA asset designated with the local and corporate financial reporting in statutory and regulatory framework. Some of the Key Accountabilities include:
What You Will Bring to Succeed
- Provide 2nd Level support to business users based out of Canada within the corporate finance functions
- Work with the multiple finance teams within EO and Other Business Line domains to evaluate the requirements and provide appropriate technology solution
- Work with stakeholders for the testing and deployment of technology solutions and liaison with business and technology teams
- Leverage existing tools utilized for Planning & Forecasting such as Hyperion Planning System (HPS), Enterprise General Ledger (EGL) and Reporting Oracle Business Intelligence (OBI), including SmartView.
- Manage deliverables for assigned projects through all stages of the project life cycle from concept to implementation, e.g., scope, work effort, track task to a project schedule, map process flows, document requirements, document implementation strategy, prepare communications, provide insight for design and development, participate in testing, etc.
- Liaise between Finance clients and application developers to provide detailed requirements
- Perform sustainment activities: Change Request assessment, tracking, testing, coordination, clarification, scheduling, prioritization, follow-ups, defect resolution, etc.
- Conduct occasional training sessions as requested by the business lines, subject to conditions
- Strong knowledge of the financial accounting and reporting standards under GAAP and IFRS standard of accounting and reporting to support the Business Users in the implementation of the appropriate GAAP and IFRS principles and rules to the technology solution. The role requires extensive exposure to the CGAAP as well as IFRS standards as well as domain knowledge within the GL systems (Peoplesoft) to apply appropriate drivers to the technology solution
- Strong business writing and verbal communication skills, including the ability to select the most appropriate method of communication, to prepare a variety of business communications clearly and concisely and to maintain and build relationships with our stakeholders and business partners
- Expertise across the Business Analysis lifecycle from Business Process to Business Requirements to Design, Development and Testing
- Experience in facilitating the capture and documentation of business process (modelling and charting workflows) and of Business Requirements.
- Knowledge of Planning & Forecasting tools, Statutory, Regulatory and Business Line reporting, Allocations, Oracle Financials and EPM Products
- Knowledge of bank processes, accounting, and/or technology
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills as well as mentoring and presentation skills (relationship management and training support)
- Strong team orientation and teamwork skills required (reach agreement/consensus, conflict resolution)
- We are technology partners who help the business transform how our employees around the world work
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We foster an environment of innovation and continuous learning
- We care about our people, allowing them to design how they work to deliver amazing results
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), and generous vacation
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Is this Role not the Exact fit?
Sign up to stay in touch; we'll let you know when we have new positions on the team.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Test Engineer, Corporate Finance, Accounting, Software Engineer, Financial, Engineering, Finance
Banking, Finance and Insurance Engineering