Requisition ID: 97346
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
As a Product Designer you will be working on the new Rewards Program digital product (native app + web experience), among other products. You will play a key role in every part of the design process, from research, to conception, to UI/UX, to validation. You will get to dive into the problem spaces across the customer financial journey. You will be part of an open, collaborative design community. Is this role right for you?
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed?
- Greatly influence the design decisions for digital experiences that touch millions of users every day.
- Produce compelling designs to illustrate concepts iteratively through sketches, site maps, conceptual diagrams, user flows, wireframes, high fidelity mock-ups and prototypes.
- Envision multiple alternative patterns and options to solve a single design problem.
- Hold the product output to a high standard.
- Keep up and experiment with new design trends.
- Demonstrate strong presentation design and/or visualization skills.
- Be open to feedback as an important aspect of getting to your best work.
- Have an interest in data and how it can improve your design
- Provide detailed specifications for software developers.
- Exercise a high level of technical acuity with a thorough understanding of front-end technologies and factor it into your work limitations and constraints, knowing when to push boundaries.
- Advocate for accessible design principles and implementation.
What's in it for you?
- 2+ years of experience focusing on UI/UX in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Bachelor Degree in Design (or equivalent work experience)
- A demonstrated portfolio of work (personal and professional) which showcases the projects you have worked on
- Experience using tools for design and prototyping (Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite etc.)
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We hire you for your talent - not just a job - so you can grow with us. We'll equip you for success not only in your role, but also in your career as a whole
- Dress codes don't apply here: being comfortable does
- Our work from home social channel offers weekly virtual yoga, social events, learning opportunities, and contests to share current experiences & promote wellbeing in our new remote environment
- Access to thousands of online and in-person courses so you can hone your current skills, or learn new ones
- A competitive rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs on pension and profit sharing, paid vacation, personal & sick days, medical, vision, and dental benefits that start from day one and much more!
- Free shuttle service to and from Union Station, onsite subsidized cafeteria with a chef, and an onsite fitness center *
*Some of our perks & onsite offerings will be offline as we continue to monitor federal and provincial regulations around COVID-19.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Developer, Banking, Bank, Medical, Technology, Finance, Research, Healthcare