WSP is currently seeking a Procurement Delivery Lead, Maintenance and Storage Facilities
(MSF), to join our Rail & Transit team located at our Toronto or Thornhill office. Reporting to the Manager, you will work collaboratively with a team of Engineers and Project Specialists across disciplines covering areas of rail engineering, planning, procurement, financing, tendering and construction. As a senior member of the Rail & Transit team, you will be given opportunities to use your transferrable skills to define processes, create execution plans, and advise on best practices in project delivery. You will be supported by management to develop work plans and professional skills to become a strong leader in the consulting environment.Why WSP?
We offer attractive pay, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer,
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada;
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things;
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
#WeAreWSPA day in the life:
We'd love to hear from you if you have...
- Lead development of procurement delivery strategy for a new (greenfield) MSF factoring in client requirements and industry environment
- Guide the project team and client in the delivery of a project via Progressive Design-Build (PDB) or similar Alternative Financing and Procurement (AFP) model
- Work collaboratively with project specialists in engineering design, stakeholder engagement, business planning, rail operations, and cost estimating to develop strategy for procurement delivery
- Lead the development of the procurement documents in support of the chosen delivery strategy.
- Advise client in best practices of project procurement delivery including timing and deliverables
- Plan and execute project work, based on an understanding of the project scope, schedule, and budget
- Interact with clients to discuss technical procurement topics in a clear and professional manner
- Facilitate resolution of customer expectations versus technical procurement issues
- Professional degree Engineering, Architecture, Business Administration or related field from an accredited institution;
- Minimum 10 years of proven professional experience in a similar capacity;
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) would be considered as an asset;
- Experience in project delivery of transit projects via Alternative Financing and Procurement models including Progressive Design-Build (PDB)
- Familiar with the multiple phases of project delivery from design, procurement through to commissioning and operations under different procurement and delivery models
- Experience delivering transit Maintenance and Storage Facilities (MSF) is preferred
- Knowledge of construction and contract management
- Proven leadership and management skills;
- Ability to work successfully in multi-disciplinary teams and across different business units in a matrix organization with little to no supervision;
- Ability to adapt well to changes in direction and priorities in a project and deadline-oriented environment;
- Excellent interpersonal skills including communication, presentation, leadership, and report writing proficiency with a strong desire and ability to collaborate in problem solving in an integrated team environment;
- Experience in a Consulting Engineering environment is an asset.
Management and Executive