55 Bloor Street West
Job Family Group:
Strategy & Change
The Business Process and Digitization (BP&D) team supports the transformation efforts of BMO's Personal and Commercial Banking segment. The BP&D team is relentless at transforming processes to unlock value, delivering improvements that contribute to bottom and top line growth, maintaining the tools and systems that enable day-to-day operations, and managing and mitigating risks.
We are looking for a Senior Process Manager to join our team of individuals driving transformation projects. Our focus is primarily on the intersection of fraud prevention and mitigation across all customer channels (e.g., branches, online, contact centers, operations centres); and as the team evolves, will have a broader enterprise-wide focus. This position is well suited to entrepreneurial individuals looking to build on past transformation experience while learning about BMO and the financial services industry. Job Responsibilities
- Leads transformation projects, which includes defining project scope and objectives, developing approaches and action plans to achieve objectives, executing the action plans, and measuring the results.
- Uses delivery skills such as data and root cause analysis, solution development, design thinking, and change management to deliver projects.
- Understands the Bank's short and long term strategy, and ensures projects are aligned to the strategy.
- Proactively identifies risks and barriers to the delivery of a project, and uses judgement to identify a path forward.
- Works collectively with key stakeholders across the Bank to drive the delivery and strategic integration of projects.
- Owns an existing group of operating processes impacting customer and non-customer facing channels.
- Leads the design and implementation of new operating processes.
- Continuously identifies opportunities to eliminate, simplify and automate new or existing processes.
- Develops supporting process documentation (e.g., procedures, policies), and maintains this documentation to ensure it is relevant and available for its users.
- Ensures all processes meet established standards and adhere to applicable risk, regulatory, internal controls and compliance requirements.
Relationship Building and Stakeholder Management
- Develops an understanding of the Bank's organizational structure and proactively builds relationships with the appropriate stakeholders.
- Supports stakeholders in determining their business objectives and executes on projects and initiatives that achieves those objectives.
- Proactively meets with stakeholders to report on progress.
- Identifies opportunities to align stakeholders and drive consensus across various topics.
Project Delivery and Operational Excellence Tools and Systems
- Proactively raises ideas to drive a culture of operational excellence (e.g., visual management, reporting tools, KPIS, huddles) within the team.
- Proactively raises ideas to improve the team's delivery capability.
- Stays abreast of industry and business trends through participation in professional associations, practice communities & individual learning.
Broader work and accountabilities may be assigned as needed. Qualifications
We're here to help
- 5 years of relevant experience in financial services
- Post-secondary degree in related field of study
- Proficient in using MS Excel or other data management tools to arrive at data-driven insights and conclusions
- Proficient in using MS PowerPoint or other tools to tell stories, communicate ideas, proposals and outcomes
- Strong problem solving and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Strong client facilitation and coaching skills (e.g., workshops, Kaizen sessions)
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.
Management and Executive