At Amazon.com, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
We are looking for a Risk Manager to join our team to manage the Cosmetic Category
Our vision for Private Brand Product Safety and Compliance is to support Amazon's mission of offering the widest selection of products available, while protecting customers from potentially hazardous products. We are looking for a smart, energetic, hard-working, and creative candidate to join our Worldwide Private Brand Product Safety and Compliance Team as a Consumables Risk Manager. The position will be located in Seattle.
This role requires working with internal Private Brands stakeholders and business teams across the company to develop innovate solutions to pre-defined safety & compliance requirements using high level process/system solutions. You will enable new business opportunities by executing on a broad range of product compliance matters. You will work directly with business leadership, procurement teams, Compliance operations, Quality, legal and a variety of internal business partners and external vendors to drive product compliance across the supply chain. The successful candidate shows excellent judgment and instincts in decision-making and proactively and continually improves their level of knowledge about Amazon's business, its platform, and relevant technologies. The successful candidate is passionate about protecting Amazon customers, Amazon owned brands, and Amazon's bottom line.
This role is expected to leverage compliance and regulatory Affairs experience and knowledge while influencing cross-functional business and development teams. Managing project timelines, resources and stakeholder communication are required for on-time and successful launches. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a highly visible space and be part of a vibrant and fast-growing company!
Needed Skills and Abilities:
• Leader: Significant experience in leveraging and influencing cross-functional teams and track record of consistently delivering valuable projects
• Doer: Ability to successfully deliver end-to-end technology projects, working through the many obstacles along the way
• Communicator: Ability to communicate expectations and requirements equally well with business and technology teams, and capacity to write well-reasoned and data-driven proposals, performing your own data analysis as necessary
• Problem Solver: Ability to utilize exceptional problem-solving skills to work through difficult challenges
High-Level Summary of Deliverables
• Ensuring that Safety and compliance requirements are met for Amazon Consumables products and support other functions such as Ops, Quality, Surveillance, Safety and Legal.
• Work directly with Regional Stakeholders to develop and implement procedures which comply with national and state regulatory standards
• Work cross-functionally and manage compliance training and awareness raising programs in retail, operations and sales teams
• Implement best-in-class processes and systems, and drive continual improvement.
• Partner with the Business team to drive scalable business solutions which ensure compliance with Consumables product regulationsBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Knowledge and experience with regulatory compliance within a Consumables manufacturer/retailer environment across a breadth of product types, for example: Cosmetics, detergents, pesticides and other consumable household goods. •
• Bachelor's degree required with a scientific focus
• 2-5 years of experience working in consumables manufacturing or retail environment in process improvement, project management or operations
• Demonstrated project and program management experience
• Knowledge of Consumables laws and regulations and communicating requirements to non-technical Stakeholders
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Exceptional organizational skills
• Ability to work independently and autonomously
• Experience leveraging technology to drive process improvements
• Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team, including adherence to core values and dynamic corporate culture
• Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reportingPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• MBA, MS or MA (Logistics, Supply Chain, Engineering, Retail, Manufacturing or Equivalent)
• Six Sigma
• 2-5 years of experience managing Safety and Compliance in a large scale retail or manufacturing environment
• Experience as a Regulatory Affairs manager
• Online/retail experience
• EMEA experience is a plus