3 King Street South
Job Family Group:
Wealth Sales & Service
Flexible on location
Provides a superior level of customer service and portfolio management in lending services for all existing and potential clients and in support of a team of banking and lending specialists, and relationship managers. Provides technical expertise for proactive credit analysis, structuring, decisions, and portfolio monitoring. Applies lending expertise to a lending product portfolio or part of the lending process (e.g. underwriting, funding, monitoring).
- Assists in preparing new business proposals or presentations to clients/prospects.
- Assists in preparing for client meetings and account opening documentation.
- Identifies and recommends workflow process alternatives that can lead to improved efficiency and service levels.
- Performs client sales & service support activities as required to meet client needs and maintain overall service standards.
- Determines client needs and ensures timely and accurate completion of transaction processing.
- Provides after sales support and handles exceptions tactfully, accurately and efficiently in accordance with Bank policy.
- Takes ownership of client inquiries/ concerns/ complaints, ensuring timely resolution and referring as appropriate.
- Maintains detailed knowledge and understanding of the integrated private banking services and offerings and lending procedures.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders in order to deliver on business objectives.
- Analyzes data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Provides timely, accurate service and support to bankers and specialists by completing a wide variety of credit, non-credit, and related activities.
- Identifies, records and advises banker / relationship manager of any credit &/or risk management issues
- Identifies opportunities to increase profitability, create capacity and reduce expenses.
- Ensure timely and accurate set-up, maintenance and advance of lending products.
- May focus on either after sales service, or compliance (risk management) and fulfillment services, or both.
- Mitigates identified risks and makes credit recommendations/decisions in accordance with sound credit-granting principles and compliance with the Bank's philosophy and principles outlined in corporate risk policy and supporting policies and procedures.
- Executes set-up, maintenance, and advancement of lending products and related account administration as per guidelines.
- Verifies and processes loan drawdowns, ensuring they are within the terms of the credit authorization and completion of required security documentation.
- Reviews and actions overdrafts and other monitoring reports in a timely manner.
- Sets up and completes margin / covenant tests within established timeframes.
- Maintains control of security collateral including preparation and registration.
- Identifies, diarizes, and monitors accounts for security renewals, registrations, and other expiry dates to meet compliance requirements.
- Monitors and controls the integrity of lending documentation.
- Identifies and escalates irregularities and discrepancies to management as per guidelines.
- Collects fees applicable to credit terms and conditions or account agreement.
- Participates in assigned audits and compliance reviews.
- Ensures proper adherence to the code of conduct and ethical guidelines.
- Follows security and safeguarding procedures and applies appropriate due diligence for the prevention of loss due to fraud, counterfeiting money laundering or defalcation in accordance with Bank policy.
- Protects the Bank's assets by adhering to all banking, investment and lending regulations, policies, and procedures, legal and ethical requirements, process requirements, bank guidelines, and established risk guidelines.
- Completes complex & diverse tasks within given rules/limits and may include handling escalations from other employees.
- Analyzes issues and determines next steps.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
We're here to help
- Typically between 3 - 5 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires Credit Qualification in accordance with the established credit qualification processes, policies, and procedures.
- Working knowledge of personal (primarily) and commercial credit and non-credit products and services.
- Working knowledge of lending processes and supporting policies.
- Specialized knowledge.
- Verbal & written communication skills - Good.
- Organization skills - Good.
- Collaboration & team skills - Good.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - Good.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Sales and Marketing