Requisition ID: 109019
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Private Banker possesses advanced knowledge of financial products and services, wealth management, retail lending and credit risk management.
The Private Banker is responsible for the acquisition of new clients and the cross- sell, up-sell and retention of existing high value Wealth Management clients.
The incumbent will support the Senior Private Banker & Team Lead in identifying high net worth prospects with complex lending needs in target markets, developing acquisition strategies, growing relationships, maintaining a sustainable prospect sales pipeline, conducting sales calls and qualification of opportunities based on customer information and due diligence.
1. Manage a Portfolio of Clients and Risk Mitigation by:
- Working directly with credit partners on lending, negotiate standard Bank terms, conditions, structuring fees, interest rates and documentation.
- Providing relationship banking and the highest quality of administrative support to a portfolio of complex, high net worth clients.
- Using knowledge of Scotiabank's diverse products and services to anticipate client needs and proactively deliver solutions through referrals to other Bank partners.
- Managing client relationships to ensure that credit facilities and accounts are operating satisfactorily.
- Proactively identifying and mitigating problem loans, including bringing potential problems under correspondence as soon as identified.
2. Contribute to Business Development by:
- Actively marketing customized Private Banking credit solutions (Total Wealth Credit Solution), to support wealth creation or diversification strategies, insurance solutions, currency and interest rate risk management.
- Supporting the execution of new business strategies to attract and retain high net worth clients.
- Develop client management plans and make referrals that result in deeper client relationships.
- Developing an in-depth understanding of client needs and identifying referral opportunities to: Private Investment Counsel, Scotiatrust, ScotiaMcLeod, Commercial and Retail Bank.
- Identifying prospects and referrals from internal and external networks/COIs.
- Engaging and informing client management partners as to changes in client information and priorities.
3. Maintain Operational Effectiveness by:
- Ensuring daily and periodic management controls are in place and effective.
- Monitoring non-interest expenses against planned budgets, ensuring that the Manager, Client Services has appropriate and reasonable explanations for variances.
- Reviewing, resolving and/or escalating client concerns and issues and ensure that the Bank's Customer Complaint Resolution Process is in place and effective.
- Ensuring strict adherence to Bank security procedures, including assigned authorities and limits.
- Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing, FCAC, Know Your Customer, CDIC, Occupational Health & Safety.
- Ensuring thorough knowledge of, and strict adherence to, the Bank's Global Sales Principles.
- Reporting fraudulent activities, unusual occurrences, issues, deficiencies, or trends as applicable.
4. Actively Supporting Credit Risk Management by:
- Fulfilling all retail credit requests through adjudication processes or working with credit partners to develop commercial/customized credit proposals.
- Ensuring credit facilities operate within authorized terms and conditions.
- Ensuring the Bank's exposure is protected by way of adequate security requirements (if required) and appropriate credit conditions, resolving any issues that may arise. When applicable, escalate concerns.
- Developing sound commercial underwriting skills.
- Ensuring security documentation is accurately prepared, completed, registered and renewed as required.
5. Contribute to the Effective Functioning of Private Banking and Centre team by:
- Participate actively in team learning development activities and team performance achievements.
- Building effective working relationships across the team and with various business line and corporate function contacts.
- Maintaining a high level of customer service.
- Facilitating a culture of open and honest communication.
- Actively participating and contributing to touch bases and team meetings.
- Encouraging the generation of new ideas and approaches.
- Actively share knowledge and experience to enhance the development of all team members.
- Developing and executing a meaningful employee development plan. Ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and guidelines, including Privacy, Anti-Money
- Well established COI network & HNW client base in London is required
- Must have 3 to 5 years of business development experience and 10 years banking experience
- University or community college degree preferred
- Must have a good understanding of relatively complex tax, estate and financial planning and investment vehicles
- Must be able to engage comfortably with affluent and influential clientele in both business and social situations
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of poise and professionalism at all times
- The successful completion of a course of study that will enable registration with the appropriate provincial securities commission to obtain a license to sell mutual funds; PFP designation (ICB Certificate of Achievement - Advanced Personal Finance in Quebec) or Bank recognized equivalent
- Knowledge or previous exposure to customized lending is an asset
Complexity of Position
- The incumbent must be an experienced banker with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop solid relationships with the client base
- Must be a self-starter and goal oriented
- Must have knowledge of retail and commercial lending
- Knowledge of the full Private Banking product and service offering in order to identify opportunities across the SPCG Team of Experts
- Working knowledge of the products and services offered by the Scotiabank Group of Companies
(external to Private Banking) in order to identify and refer clients as appropriate
- Working knowledge of the Financial Planning processes and tools
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : London
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Underwriter, Banker, Risk Management, Finance, Insurance
Banking, Finance and Insurance