IT/IQ Tech Recruiters is seeking a Principal Engineer to join our client in San Francisco, CA.
Why work with our client?
- Competitive rates
- Centrally located
- Transit accessible
- You will be on the front-lines of both new product initiatives as well as iterations on our core platform
- You will take the lead on highly visible technical features, help others on the team with complex problems, and work closely with the product team and designers
- You will create architecture that shapes large parts of our business, and ship complex projects including many systems or major pieces of infrastructure
- Own products end to end, from design and architecture to deployment and maintenance
- Work in an agile environment with 2 week sprints
- You’ll be involved in projects of varying scope and complexity and a key owner of part of our platform
Top Skills Required
- A Bachelor's or Master’s degree in computer science, software engineering or similar field
- 10+ years of experience building web applications with technologies like (but not limited to): TypeScript, Vue and Node
- Proven track record of scaling web applications on top of large, distributed systems with technologies like (but not limited to): RabbitMQ, Kubernetes, Kafka, PostgreSQL
- The technologies of the web (HTTP, JSON APIs, REST, HTML)
- SQL database programming and performance
- *NIX environments, and Operating system details (including processes, threads and file systems)
- Data structures and algorithms
- Enterprise systems and asynchronous architectures
- Writing maintainable systems
Why work with us?
- Build a long-term relationship with an experienced recruitment expert
- Access to the ‘hidden’ job market – opportunities across Canada that aren’t posted on job boards
- Get a high-level understanding of market dynamics affecting your industry
- Gain insight into the culture of the company you’re applying for before submitting your profile
IT/IQ Tech Recruiters provides contract and permanent IT recruitment services to employers across Canada. We have a specialized approach to recruiting, segmenting our recruitment teams into specialty practice areas focusing on Development, PMO, Infrastructure and BI/CRM/ERP skill sets.
This approach enables our recruiters to become specialists; they know the market and work hard to understand each candidates’ capabilities, goals, career ambitions and quickly present them with the best possible opportunities. We are committed to helping candidates develop their careers and to helping our clients grow their business and complete important projects successfully.
We create opportunities for IT Professionals to empower business.