777 Guelph Line, Unit D1, Burlington, Ontario, L7R 3N2
Join a locally owned and operated store to help deliver health, beauty and convenience services in your community, and keep the customer at the centre of everything you do.Why this role is important?SUMMARY:
Responsible for organizing and delivering full service retail postal services (courier items, postal boxes, money transfers, call-in parcels) to Shoppers Drug Mart customers, maximizing department revenue and customer satisfaction.DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures Post Office staff demonstrate superior customer service behavior
- Interviews and hires postal clerks
- Conducts disciplinary procedures up to and including termination, with the approval of the Front Store Manager and Associate
- Trains employees and provides on-going coaching and feedback regarding postal sales
- Completes and conducts performance reviews for postal outlet staff
- Recommends performance pay increases to the FSM and Associate
- Demonstrates CORE Values and Blue Culture
- Ensures sales maximized through developing effective sales techniques
- Answers customer inquiries regarding products, return policies, etc.
- Resolves customer complaints according to established guidelines
- Keep up to date on postal regulations, price increases and new services
- Promotes and encourages use of the SERVE model
- Ensures customer authorization has been received before initiating service
- Instructs clients about postal services
- Maintains positive relationships with customers
- Ensures the confidentiality of customer information
- Completes all paperwork connected with post office sales
- Works with Front Store Manager to maintain balanced postal inventory and work within budget
- Responsible for regular maintenance and cleanliness of postal equipment and area
- Have a working knowledge of mint and coin products
- Have knowledge of all fees related to customs and Collect on Delivery (COD's)
Marketing and Merchandising
- Assists in achieving financial objectives for retail postal outlet
- Maintains control of postal product inventory, purchasing stock, and managing cash
- Creates and maintains proper displays to reflect seasonal and promotional programs of both Shoppers Drug Mart and Canada Post
- Ensure signage in the department reflects current programs, policies, and procedures
- Co-ordinates and implements Canada Post promotions
- Complies with all store policies and procedures
- Ensures loss prevention standards and procedures followed in the department and all reports printed and reviewed daily (ie: no sale report, void report, items not on file)
- Complies with all health and safety requirements as follows: Provides H&S policy direction and planning; reviews information and delegates responsibility; provides support to H&S policy; holds staff reporting to them accountable
- Presents clean image to the customers in accordance with Uniform Policy and Dress Code Guidelines (eg. clean appearance, approved uniform, name badge)
- Perform other duties, including Front Store and Cash duties as required
Planning, Judgement and Decision Making
- Works independently and manages priorities in a timely manner
- Independent thinking and decision making when dealing with issues or problems that necessitate analytical skills to gather information, assess potential risks and devise appropriate solutions
- Problem solving skills
- Customer service skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Commitment to Customer Service
- Ability to utilize postal equipment
- Ability to work flexible shifts which may include nights and weekends
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to climb ladder
The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions and duties as required for proper evaluation of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
J2WFSMWhy work in a Shoppers Drug Mart store?
Each store has an Associate-Owner, so you will work for a local business owner while having the support of a national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, flexible and varied schedules, competitive pay and online learning through SDMU.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your patients, co-workers, customers and community.
Associate Owners in the Shoppers Drug Mart network recognize Canada's diversity as an opportunity to better serve their communities, and strive to reflect the nation's evolving diversity in the products they sell, the people they hire, and the culture they create in their stores. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct - it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.