120 Bloor Street East
Job Family Group:
Strategy & Change
Leads assigned projects from project initiation to implementation to achieve desired business results. Ensures that a successful business outcome is the prime measure of project success including delivering projects on time, within budget, within quality standards and to the satisfaction of the project sponsor. Drives to mitigate execution risk to achieve the desired business outcomes. Understands the business/group and facilitates communication with other program/project managers and stakeholders efficiently and effectively. Directs, manages, and coordinates team members including other project managers, business and technology resources, user groups, internal and external consultants and contractors, as well as vendors and external regulatory organizations.
We're here to help
- Fosters a culture aligned to BMO purpose, values and strategy and role models BMO values and behaviours in all that they do.
- Ensures alignment between values and behaviour that fosters diversity and inclusion.
- Regularly connects work to BMO's purpose, sets inspirational goals, defines clear expected outcomes, and ensures clear accountability for follow through.
- Builds interdependent teams that collaborate across functional and operating groups to create the highest value for all stakeholders.
- Attracts, retains, and enables the career development of top talent.
- Improves team performance, recognizes and rewards performance, coaches employees, supports their development, and manages poor performance.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to senior leaders for making business decisions and implementing strategic initiatives.
- Develops an expert understanding of business/group challenges.
- Networks with industry contacts to gather competitive insights and best practices.
- Recommends measures to improve organizational effectiveness.
- Influences and negotiates to achieve business objectives.
- Assists in the development of strategic plans.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Recommends business priorities, advises on resource requirements and develops roadmap for strategic execution.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
- Acts as the prime contact for internal/external stakeholder relationships, which may include regulators.
- Manages/validates financial forecasts and conducts ongoing reconciliation.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Monitors and tracks performance, and addresses any issues.
- Designs and produces regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Provides program level change leadership to ensure the vision and objectives of the large-scale transformation are driven properly.
- Develops change management plans for the complex programs spanning across multiple business units and stakeholders.
- Collaborates across BMO to develop communications strategies and ensure consistency of messaging to positively influence or change behaviour.
- Directs strategic programs within multiple or single business/groups and provides integrated management of subsidiary projects and internal or external stakeholders.
- Leads all aspects of the program lifecycle and ensures program structure is designed to achieve the intended business benefit.
- Exercises direct accountability for complex programs with many project managers and team members.
- Manages overall program budget, and allocates budgets to supporting projects. Ensures overall program spend is managed within approved annual and multi-year budget allocations.
- Manages contingency funding in support of risk mitigation plans.
- Provides guidance to the project sponsor on the implementation and sustainment of projects, resulting in successful project outcomes.
- Manages all aspects of the project lifecycle, including business, operational and technology deliverables. Ensures all project processes are completed.
- Ensures change management plans are developed, socialized and consistently measured to deliver the expected project benefits and adoption.
- Executes project requirements in governance frameworks focused on risk appetite, regulatory and compliance standards.
- Develops all related project management artifacts, while complying with applicable enterprise standards
- Monitors and controls project deliverables. Makes recommendations and adjustments to the overall project plan to achieve deliverables,
- Provides project sponsor with advice on the viability of the business case (costs, benefits, KPIs, etc.) throughout the project.
- Understands project interdependencies and demonstrates critical thinking that proactively identifies project risks and establishes effective risk mitigation from the outset.
- Demonstrates stakeholder partnership that involves effective communicating with the project sponsor; gains and builds trust and rapport.
- Demonstrates ownership and commitment by holding themselves accountable for the identification and resolution of project problems.
- Leads and/or represents the project in project team meetings, governance forums and inter-department forums.
- Adheres to Bank risk, regulatory and compliance controls.
- Operates at a group/enterprise-wide level and serves as a senior specialist resource across BMO.
- Influences how teams/groups work together.
- Applies expertise and thinks creatively to address unique or ambiguous situations and to find solutions to multiple, interdependent, complex problems.
- Communicates abstract concepts in simple terms.
- Fosters strong internal and external networks and works with and across multiple teams to achieve business objectives.
- Anticipates trends and responds by implementing appropriate changes.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically 9+ years of relevant experience and/or certification in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid PMP designation from the Project Management Institute (PMI) is an asset.
- Entrepreneurial skills - Expert.
- Judgement skills - Expert.
- Learning agility - Expert.
- Stakeholder management - Expert.
- Able to navigates challenging situations effectively.
- Able to apply project management methodologies or approaches.
- Able to manage project and business risks, including project and program interdependencies.
- Able to resolve project issues effectively.
- Seasoned expert with extensive industry knowledge.
- Technical leader viewed as a thought leader for innovation.
- Verbal & written communication skills - Expert.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - Expert.
- Influence skills - Expert.
- Collaboration & team skills; with a focus on cross-group collaboration - Expert.
- Able to manage ambiguity.
- Data driven decision making - Expert.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.
Management and Executive