Requisition ID: 126716
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
1832 Asset Management L.P. is one of Canada's largest asset managers, and offers a comprehensive range of solutions through Dynamic Funds and ScotiaFunds, spanning every major sector, geographic region and investment discipline. The firm and its predecessor companies have been providing asset management services in Canada since 1877, as a manager of mutual funds and providing investment solutions for private clients, institutions, foundations, endowments and managed asset programs.
Today, the firm has over $100 billion in assets under management, and its experienced investment management team is active across capital markets and asset classes, deploying traditional and innovative strategies driven to deliver investment management excellence for our clients across our domestic and international businesses.
1832 Asset Management L.P. is a limited partnership, the general partner of which is wholly owned by Scotiabank. Portfolio Analyst, Quantamental & Derivatives Team
The Quantamental & Derivatives team at 1832 Asset Management L.P. predominantly covers a large range of U.S. centric large and mid-cap listed equities, the Portfolio Analyst will have the opportunity to:
- Work with the Quantitative & Derivatives Portfolio team to generate both long- and short-term trade ideas expressed using both equities and equity derivatives
- Expand knowledge beyond traditional fundamental analysis and modelling and learn about quantitative techniques, derivatives analysis and trading, risk and portfolio management
- Generate and maintain proprietary analysis on the sector(s)and the companies initially assigned with potential to expand into other sectors
Maintain a core coverage of equities used to generate trade and investment ideas:
Desired Skills & Experience
- Perform complex financial modelling & valuation analysis
- Write industry and company reports using a combination of sell-side research, third party data and financial filings
- Explore alternative data sources and incorporating them into quarterly models to enhance earnings predictions
- Build and maintain datasets necessary for company coverage
- Stay on top of all research, news & sell side commentary related to your coverage and generate ideas for daily trading calls
- Build relationships with sell side analysts and specialist sales related to your coverage
- Ramp up from sectoral coverage toward building a skillset and responsibilities of a sector PM
A successful Portfolio Analyst will possess the following skills and experience:
- Must have extremely strong Excel and financial modeling skills
- Must have strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Must enjoy working in fast-paced and often intense environment
- Must have a track record of completing tasks on time and with high quality
- Minimum bachelor's degree required - Finance, Math, Engineering, Science background preferred, Graduate degree and CFA would be an asset
- Minimum 4-5 years' experience in buy/sell side research
- Experience with Bloomberg an asset
- Knowledge of Python and SQL would be a strong differentiator
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Extremely strong problem-solving skills
Please apply as well as send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Equity, Bank, Banking, Developer, Engineer, Finance, Technology, Engineering