Requisition ID: 166673
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. Job Title:
Portfolio Analyst - Multi-Asset Management,1832 Asset Management L.P. Purpose of Job: Deliver highly competitive investment outcomes for multi-asset management portfolios.
As a member of Multi-Asset Management Team, an investment team at 1832 Asset Management, the Portfolio Analyst's primary role is to support the portfolio management of more than $120 billion invested in funds, portfolios and strategies ("Investment Mandates") under the management of Multi-Asset Management. Using your expertise, industry knowledge and internal training, you will work closely with a team of Portfolio Managers in achieving the performance objectives of both internally and externally managed mandates invested in a multi-asset framework.
The Portfolio Analyst is accountable for some aspects of Investment Mandate performance. Using their expertise, industry knowledge and internal training he/she conducts analysis and research into matters associated with the performance of the Investment Mandates. His/her involvement in the selection process, due diligence and interaction with potential managers is important for their growth and ability to contribute to the decision-making process. The Portfolio Analyst also contributes to ongoing research and development of new investment strategies. Major Accountabilities:
The Portfolio Analyst is responsible for the following:
Education & Experience:
- Based on the performance objective of each Investment Mandates, the Portfolio Analyst is responsible for monitoring the investment strategy and performance of both internally and externally managed mandates. This includes performance and risk attribution using financial software (i.e. Bloomberg) and proprietary modelling in Excel and Matlab or Python.
- Plays a role in the management of externally managed funds through the analysis of active managers and the development of strategies to combine them in an optimal mix.
- Participates in research on potential global investment firms within assigned asset classes by leveraging quantitative databases, mutual fund industry funds, consultant databases, and meeting with investment company management.
- Stays abreast of current academic research as well as general capital market conditions, contributing to the execution of the team's research agenda including the development of new investment strategies.
- Makes investment recommendations - writes investment rationales and conclusions from due diligence reviews for review by senior members of the team.
- Leads the preparation of investment committee meeting materials including updating financial models, chartbooks and capital markets data in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assists in the preparation investment reviews for several external stakeholders including committees, boards and financial advisors
- Provides input and constructively challenges recommendations by the other team members.
- Plays a central role in the maintenance and data integrity of our investment management tools and systems.
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or in a related discipline.
- CFA designation, or at minimum, completion of Level 3 of the CFA Program.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Proven track record in making successful investment decision recommendations
- Excellent analytical skills with a strong knowledge of finance, accounting, economics, statistics and modern portfolio theory.
- Ability to produce work with a high degree of accuracy and detail on a timely basis.
- Strong financial modeling skills and the ability to work with financial software such as Bloomberg, Factset and Datastream.
- Strong Excel skills. Programming (i.e. Matlab or Python) skills are an asset.
- Strong communication skills - effective in communicating new ideas orally and in writing to various audiences; strong persuasion skills; good listening and interpretation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills - capable of cross functional teaming; facilitates discussions and debate, and nurtures collaboration.
- Self motivated and takes initiative, with high degree of professionalism and integrity.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a team-oriented environment, under pressure and with time-sensitive deadlines.
- Ability to reprioritize projects, multi-task, and quickly adapt to changing priorities.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Financial, Investment Banking, R&D, Technical Support, Technology, Finance, Research
Banking, Finance and Insurance