4100 Gordon Baker Road
Job Family Group:
Customer Shared Services
The Financial Crimes Unit (FCU) brings together our Cybersecurity, Fraud, Physical Security and Resilience Planning capabilities to address the ever-growing and increasingly complex global security environment. It is a highly collaborative effort that greatly enhances BMO's ability to rapidly prevent, detect, respond to, and recover from all security & crisis threats. This position offers a unique experience to learn from experienced leaders in the industry, join a team building the 21st century model for security and helping grow the good by protecting our customers and communities.
Supports the service delivery, development, and execution of physical security programs, policies, and practices to minimize the potential impact of criminal risk and ensure a satisfactory level of security, fire, and life safety protection in locations / buildings across the enterprise.
- Fosters a culture aligned to BMO purpose, values and strategy and role models BMO values and behaviours in all that they do.
- Ensures alignment between values and behaviour that fosters diversity and inclusion.
- Regularly connects work to BMO's purpose, sets inspirational goals, defines clear expected outcomes, and ensures clear accountability for follow through.
- Builds interdependent teams that collaborate across functional and operating groups to create the highest value for all stakeholders.
- Attracts, retains, and enables the career development of top talent.
- Improves team performance, recognizes and rewards performance, coaches employees, supports their development, and manages poor performance.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to assigned business/group. Influences and negotiates to achieve business objectives.
- Recommends and implements solutions based on analysis of issues and implications for the business.
- Ensures effective execution of the physical security and protection programs, policies and practices.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Leads consultations with internal and external stakeholders, to develop and implement strategic business plans to reduce risks / exposures related to physical security and protection.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Builds change management plans of varying scope and type; leads or participates in a variety of change management activities including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management, execution, evaluation and sustainment of initiatives.
- Leads or participates in defining the communication plan designed to positively influence or change behaviour; develops tailored messaging; and identifies appropriate distribution channels.
- Develops and manages a business/group program.
- Reviews the program for effectiveness, considers trends and patterns as it relates to physical security risks/issues and recommends enhancements; makes changes as required.
- Integrates information from multiple sources to enable more efficient processes, enhanced analysis and/or streamlined reporting.
- Reviews and signs-off on the security design for all significant security and building projects, monitors project completion relating to the designs, and performs final inspection for selected projects against the original security objectives.
- Responds to and assists in the management of crisis situations.
- Leads/participates in the design, implementation and management of core business/group processes.
- Identifies business needs, designs/develops tools and training programs; may include delivery of training to audiences.
- Leads/oversees the management of vendor relationships and provides guidelines for execution; ensures that all agreements are met as per requirements.
- May represent BMO at various industry forums.
- Collaborates in the delivery of day to day operational processes, program management activities and administrative tasks to support the people and property protection programs to achieve business results and deliver the intended employee experience.
- Executes procedures, processes and tasks (e.g. monitoring access to premises, service requests and transactions, administer and validate system access reports/lists, etc.) within relevant service level agreements; identifies gaps/issues and escalates as required.
- Provides a consistent and exceptional stakeholder experience, maximizes employee productivity, enforces internal / external control standards and minimizes risk.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders in order to deliver on business objectives. External stakeholders may include law enforcement, building landlords, physical security vendors/security guards, contacts at other financial institutions, etc.
- Communicates and reinforces principles, programs, process, and standards and communicates openly and regularly about business issues.
- Participates in the design, development, implementation, and management of core processes.
- Improves operational methods and workflows by identifying, recommending and implementing process improvement initiatives.
- Develops knowledge related to operations specialty. Fully understands and practices operating procedures/emergency procedures and supports communication and implementation of them.
- Organizes work information to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Analyzes data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Gathers and formats data into regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Ensures all security equipment and systems are operating in accordance with operating procedures and escalates all problems/issues to management.
- Responds and provide support for urgent/emergency situations after normal business hours.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Provides specialized consulting, analytical and technical support.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently and regularly handles non-routine situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
We're here to help
- Typically between 5 - 7 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of the business/group processes/procedures - In-depth.
- Experience in Building Security.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety workplace requirements - In-depth.
- Knowledge of the operation / maintenance of building and physical security equipment - In-depth.
- PC skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint) - In-depth.
- Time management skills - In-depth.
- Project management/program management skills - In-depth.
- Attention to detail with a focus on execution.
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive education and business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.
Customer Service and Support