243 Consumers Road, Toronto, Ontario, M2J 4W8
Join a locally owned and operated store to help deliver health, beauty and convenience services in your community, and keep the customer at the centre of everything you do.Why this role is important? Position Summary:
Reporting directly to the VP, National Operations the incumbent is responsible for the development of a strategic plan in the support and delivery of Professional Services in stores. The incumbent leads a National Team of Pharmacy Professional Services Enablement Specialists which monitors and assists SDM Associate-Owners in the implementation and growth of Professional Services offerings while optimizing the performance of pharmacy teams and stores. The incumbent drives to optimize professional services growth to benefit pharmacy patients and enable Pharmacists to practice at full scope in their respective province. This incumbent is also responsible for solving store level barriers faced by the pharmacy team when necessary, including bringing back pharmacy level observations to the National Operations and the appropriate Pharmacy Support Team so that processes, procedures, and/or systems can be adjusted or enhanced as necessary. This role leads an important and strategic growth initiative for SDM in a new area of growth which is Professional Services with the goal to provide better access to care in the communities we serve Dimensions:
This position involves leading a remote team and requires the ability to influence direct reports, SDM Associate Owners and key corporate stakeholders. This position is also responsible for solving store level barriers faced by the pharmacy team when necessary, including bringing back pharmacy level observations to the National Operations and the appropriate Pharmacy Support Team so that processes, procedures, and/or systems can be adjusted or enhanced as necessary. This role is the Corporate Lead to the Pharmacy Professional Services Enablement Specialists, resourcing Associate-Owners and Pharmacists and is the corporate expert for the National and Pharmacy Operations team in professional services delivery and pharmacy operational excellence. Primary Responsibilities:
Skills, Knowledge & Education: Skills:
- Liaises closely with National and Pharmacy Operations stakeholders to develop a strategic plan in the support and delivery of Professional Services in stores.
- Responsible for developing the new Pharmacy Professional Services Enablement Program.
- Develops the strategy, plans the road map, goals and objectives so tracks program performance, progress, successes and opportunities.
- Liaises closely with Associate-Owners, pharmacy teams, pharmacy specialists and DM's to ensure consistency of pharmacy operational execution of pharmacy professional services and programs as well as achieving operational excellence in all areas of pharmacy practice in order to achieve or exceed SDM Associate Owners planned financial results, patient safety objectives and foster an environment of continuous improvement. Motivates, influences and manages a remote team.
- With the support of the Pharmacy Professional Services Enablement Specialists identify best practice locations and leaders in professional service delivery then learn from and share those best practices.
- Accountable for the revenue contribution of professional services nationally. Monitors any new professional service or pharmacy operational excellence opportunities nationally to highlight and recommend opportunities for the appropriate region.
- Develops and communicates action plans to successfully implement Corporate professional services initiatives efficiently and effectively.
- Prepares and presents information at regional and national meetings as required to relate the performance on professional service and operational excellence measurables.
- Evaluates learnings brought back from Stores by the Specialists to improve Pharmacy business systems and processes and procedures with the goal of increasing monitoring Pharmacy business systems and ensuring corporate procedures within pharmacy are followed.
- Understands the SDM corporate and pharmacy strategy through collaboration with the operations team to identify areas of opportunity to maximize each corporate pharmacy program's success.
- Daily tracking of program with strong project management skills, expertise and high sense of urgency to ensure program delivers desired outcomes. Understands each region's potential professional services growth and financial achievement within each region.
- Identifying the levers requiring activation to reach that potential, and developing a strategy to ensure each region is successful.
- Analyzes financial success of the program, highlight potential growth areas, and ensure the Specialist Team is on target to meet program goals.
- Ability to frequently travel nationally is a must as most direct reports may be located remotely. Other duties as assigned.
This position requires an advanced level of leadership, strategic thinking and innovative mindset. It also requires initiative and judgment to organize and prioritize tasks, workload, and projects. Courtesy, tact and diplomacy are required in dealing with colleagues, Associate-Owners and their teams in every day working relationships.
Education & Job Knowledge:
- Experience as a practicing Pharmacist in Canadian pharmacies
- Possesses a high degree of knowledge regarding provincial rules and legislations governing professional services coast to coast
- Incumbent must be curious and open minded able and to articulate complex ideas and processes
- Requires the ability to improve work processes and teams.
- Supervises related processes and people by leading work or project teams.
- Requires specialized interpersonal skills to resolve situations with colleagues where there may be some level of conflict, stress or uncertainty.
- Provides solutions by using imaginative approaches where constructive thinking and innovation are required.
- Utilizes decision making skills to achieve specific organizational objectives.
- Adaptable to set and prioritize work with varying exceptions. Able to work with diverse personalities and styles.
- Communicates with clarity, verbally and in one on one or group situations, or over the telephone.
- Communicates well in writing by composing clear documents; facility with editing and proof-reading is required.
- Computer skills to produce and interpret reports, documents, and presentations.
- Business acumen - advanced understanding of quality standards relative to operational improvement, strategic planning, and business growth.
- Professional manner, tact, diplomacy and discretion in dealing with Associates and colleagues including Senior Management.
- Strong business sense with a solid ability to solve problems and think on an analytical level
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Results oriented with a strong sense of urgency
- Excellent facilitation and leadership skills
- Ability to frequently travel nationally is a must as most direct reports may be located remotely.
Post secondary education equivalent to a university degree in Pharmacy.Experience:
A minimum of 5 years pharmacy experience combined with a minimum of 3 years management experience, preferably in a retail environment. Two years of SDM experience would be considered an asset.Certificates, Licenses or Registration:
Must be a licensed Pharmacist in good standing in Canada.
Must possess a valid drivers license.Why work in a Shoppers Drug Mart store?
Each store has an Associate-Owner, so you will work for a local business owner while having the support of a national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, flexible and varied schedules, competitive pay and online learning through SDMU.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your patients, co-workers, customers and community.
Associate Owners in the Shoppers Drug Mart network recognize Canada's diversity as an opportunity to better serve their communities, and strive to reflect the nation's evolving diversity in the products they sell, the people they hire, and the culture they create in their stores. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct - it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.