33 Dundas Street West
Are you analytically inclined , digitally-savvy and motivated by the opportunity to innovate and deliver cutting edge products & solutions in Canada ?
At BMO, w e're looking to change the way Canadian s bank and you 'll get to drive that change - helping customers make real financial progress across the country. At the heart of this change in Canadian banking is product innovation, data & analytics, and superior risk management - as such, we're excited to offer a 2 - year rotational program designed to accelerate knowledge and personal development by building solid and in-depth understanding of how our Product, Data & Analytics, Risk and Collections business segments operate and interact to deliver results. Product Management
: visualize , develop and improve products and services that form our customer offerings and overall experience ; help BMO customers make real fina ncial progress by offering differentiated product strategies, value propositions and marketing offers. Risk Management
: Shape BMO ' s Risk Appetite and d evelop lending strategies and controls to optimize returns within that Risk appetite Data & Analytics:
U se Data & Analytics to drive insights and decision-making in partnership with the business and in pursuit of our collective strategic priorities Collections
: Enable and transform customer experience through usage of data and analytics and modeling techniques . Enhance strategic services provided to customers through end-to-end operations functions.
Our capabilities and culture have been featured in Forrester, Forbes and at MIT - Product, Risk and Data & Analytics are regular topics at the BMO CEO's leadership table . The successful candidates in the " Personal and Business Banking Development Program" will be part of a 2-year cohort , working alongside banking product, analytics, and risk leaders to accelerate their knowledge , understanding and skills in how BMO's largest business segment - Personal and Business Banking (P&BB) operates and interacts. Key Accountabilities
Support development and implementation of product strategies to drive sales of existing banking products, launch new products to market, optimize profitability and improve the customer experience.
Support management of product risks to ensure c ompliance with legal, regulatory, and risk compliance, and reporting.
Leverage strong analytical, problem-solving and communication skills to contribute value and grow a network across multiple roles and functions in Canadian Personal & Business Banking, including the Data & Analytics Centre of Excellence, Product Management, Risk Management and Collections.
Help plan and deploy data & analytics solutions to improve issue understanding, generate insights and enable high-quality, fact-based decisions that drive better business outcomes.
Support the development and execution of various data & analytics-related strategies and roadmaps, including data quality and data analytics, reporting, business intelligence, modeling and the design and development of decision support tools. Job Requirements
• Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
• Leads/participates in the design, implementation, and management of new analytics & reporting solutions.
• Develops solutions and makes recommendations based on an understanding of the business strategy and stakeholder needs.
• Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to deliver on business objectives.
• Analyzes data and information to provide subject-matter insights and recommendations.
• Recommends and implements solutions based on analysis of issues and implications for the business.
• Designs, develops, and implements innovative analytical solutions.
• Designs and produces regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
• Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide subject matter insights and recommendations.
• Structures and assembles data into multi-dimensions with various granularities (e.g., demographics, customers, products, transactions).
• Monitors and tracks tool performance, user acceptance testing, and addresses any issues.
• Integrates information from multiple sources to enable more efficient processes, enhanced analysis and/or streamlined reporting.
• Builds reports and visualizations to effectively communicate data driven insights to users for a variety of audiences e.g. visualization solutions of data into reports, graphics, dashboards to illustrate facts, trends, and insights.
• Supports development and execution of strategic analytics & reporting initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
• Documents and maintain operational procedures and processes relating to analytical and reporting processes.
• Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
• Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
• Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
• Works independently on a range of complex tasks, which may include unique situations.
• Continuously improves processes to identify issues and deliver optimal customer experience.
• Works with partners to develop salesforce training and materials and manages change.
• Identifies existing and potential risks and develops risk management controls and processes
• May support the sales team in development of client deals and related presentations.
• Develops and maintains relationships with external partners and vendors.
• Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed. Qualifications:
• Graduate or Undergraduate degree in Business /Commerce , Data & Analytics, Risk Management, Economic s, Engineering , Finance and/or Mathematics
• Work experience - including Coop and/or Internship placements - Highly Recommended
• Technical proficiency gained through business and work experience - Highly Recommended
• Knowledge and experience in data preparation and data analysis - Strong
• Familiar with one or more industry leading data and analytics tool sets including, but not limited to MS Power BI, TIBCO BPM, Spotfire, Tableau, SQL, SAS, R, Python, MATLAB, SPSS - Good .
• Building business cases - G ood
• Researching market trends - G ood
• Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
• Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
• Analytical and problem-solving skills , data driven decision making - In-depth.
• Influence skills - In-depth.
Individual Contributor / CollaborateurWe're here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.