Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview Building a World-Class Technology Team at TD
We can't afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD's technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.TD Testing and Quality Assurance (QA)
covers a specialized area dedicated to high-quality application and solution delivery. Similar to industry trends, TD's definition of this area of discipline (as well as skill and knowledge requirements) has changed over time. One thing hasn't changed - experts in this area remain highly-marketable across businesses.
Some of our testing activities may focus on system integration, business acceptance, performance, operability and deployment verification. Quality Assurance activities, in contrast, give stakeholders information about product or service quality while allowing the business to appreciate and understand any implementation risks. Many Testing & QA Experts could be involved in end-to-end delivery of testing, or more focused on a specific discipline.
There's room to grow in all of this.Job Description About the job
We are looking for a seasoned Performance Engineer that is passionate about testing large-scale, mission-critical software in a fast-paced agile environment. We @ TD - Performance engineering, strongly believe in automated testing, UX design and an iterative process to build high-quality next generation software.
This role offers you the opportunity to apply your domain knowledge to new product requests and collaborate with other architects inside and outside the company. The ideal candidate will be partnered with talented full stack engineers that share our passion and great pride in the simple elegance and usability of our solution. They will be a key member of the system performance/core teams & work on a proof of concept if needed and relish the opportunity to share their knowledge with more junior engineers.
- No matter what role you play, you are a leader in the Performance Engineering space. Whether you are an Engineer, SDET or PE Architect, Developer, Tester, Lead, Manager everyone runs on the same set of basic principles in an effort to remain the best ever PE team to work with
- We hire the brightest minds at PE @ TD offering an opportunity to make a direct impact and drive change at internet speed. If you are a passionate leader and innovative pioneer, we looking to hand you the keys to engineer and fine tune applications used by Canada's top rated Bank
- Here at PE @ TD, we work hard at building an amazing set of solutions used by our customers and we have a ton of fun while doing it! Fun is a core competency in our team - we look for people that have fun at work and make it easy for others to have fun Requirements What can you bring to TD?
Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. Job Duties And Responsibilities
- Strategize & lead testing of TD Bank's production like infrastructure with a focus on automation & scale
- Promote and apply best practices for performance testing of scalable and reliable services across engineering
- Be a subject matter expert and partner with our engineering team on areas of performance and scale
- Drive initiatives to evolve our current performance framework/tools/processes and keep it in line with best practices and scalability needs.
- Participate in root cause analysis for performance related incidences and determining how we can prevent them in the future, Identify performance bottlenecks and create repeatable processes
- Be a performance test advocate and advisor for the performance tools and frameworks that serve as a model for others with regard to quality, scalability, operability, maintainability, etc
- Participate in defining the technical vision and architecture with performance in mind
- Communicate and collaborate across levels, functions, and organizational boundaries
- Mentor and coach junior engineers to leverage their full potential
- Track record of leading successful large scale Infrastructure projects
- 6+ years of leading performance test engineering
- 5+ years of Performance Testing/Monitoring of Web Applications
- Candidates MUST be able to code with a programming language using standard software development practices like unit testing and iterative development
- Possess good knowledge in network and edge technologies
- Demonstrate excellent Linux fundamentals and solid understanding of diagnosing system utilization
- Experience working with Agile methodologies
- Possess excellent documentation and communication skills, with the ability to influence others
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipeline for performance testing
- Experience with Performance test framework development and automation
- Experience working with large scale distributed systems & large data volumes
- Experience with some of the following technologies and services:
- Cloud based Infrastructure as a Service (especially Azure)
- Container based service schedulers (e.g., Docker, ECS, Kubernetes, etc.)
- MySQL, Java, Python
- Perf tools like Jmeter, Loadrunner etc
- Log management tools (Splunk)
- Monitoring systems (Prometheus, Dynatrace, Datadog, )
Education And Training
Additional Information Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Bachelors Degree in computer science is preferred
- Specialized training or equivalent working experience in: Software Development Lifecycle, Web Applications desired
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking,
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.