Requisition ID: 106118
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. The team:
Scotiabank's Global Technology Services (GTS) Pega Operations is a DevOps department that is responsible for maintaining and operating Pega application across Private Cloud, Azure Cloud, and On Premises environments. They provide 24x7 support functions to critical application used by our Digital Channel; our Branch Channel and our Contact Center, serving Banks customers. The role:
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Pega Operations, as a Solution Architect in Global Technology Services, you will be a key team member with various accountabilities:
- Designing, building and supporting highly complex applications alongside agile and traditional teams.
- Taking pride in building highly adaptive teams.
- Driving the solution and bring various parts of bank together.
- Providing coaching and hands on examples of new and better ways to meet the needs of our customers.
- Creating and supporting a culture that values collaboration, trust, simplicity and continuous feedback.
When required, there may be planned activities or M1 incident bridge calls that require your participation outside of normal business hours . Is this role right for you?
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- You have expert knowledge of popular industry-standard front-end technologies (User Experience; Single Page Applications; API Design; security and encryption; automated testing and builds; mobile environments and responsive design; performance; accessibility; browser capabilities).
- You have expertise to design and estimate highly complex technology programs which consist of multiple Technology projects for multiple business partners and stakeholders, across multiple business units.
- You enjoy keeping up with emerging technologies and push to modernize applications while considering the Bank's risk appetite.
- You are proficient in server-side implementations (Microservices, session management, caching, consuming business and system API's).
- You have experience in architecting solution around Pega and Mainframe applications.
- You enjoy providing input into the technology and infrastructure road maps for the division.
What's in it for you?
- You possess strong communication skills (verbal/written/presentation) in English. The same in Spanish is an asset.
- You have at least 7+ years of hands-on technical working experience with object-oriented system design & development experience .
- You have at least 3+ years of hands-on technical working experience with solutions architecture in banking/financial services industry .
- You have at least 3+ years of hands-on technical working experience in designing and developing process-based solutions or BPM (business process management) applications .
- You have at least 1 year of hands-on technical working experience with application development in Pega PRPC v7.x/v8.x and Pega frameworks .
- You have at least 3+ years of hands-on technical knowledge / experience with web-based technologies, DevOps and Cloud architecture .
- You can demonstrate the ability to join M1 incident bridge calls to aid in troubleshooting & resolving Pega application and infrastructure issues.
- You can demonstrate hands-on technical working experience in capacity planning of enterprise class applications.
- You can demonstrate hands-on technical working experience in TLS certificate management and data encryption, both at rest and in transit.
- You have experience with process methodology, development methodologies (Agile, Iterative, etc...).
- You possess the ability to work with teams to create and deliver projects on schedule.
- You are self-motivated and the ability to drive enterprise standards with business and technology teams is a part of your DNA.
- You possess the ability to coach junior team members.
- You have completed a post-secondary education in Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics or related fields
- Completion of the Pega Certified Lead System Architect (PCLSA) is an asset.
- We are technology partners who help the business transform how our employees around the world work.
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world.
- We have a collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success! We also foster an environment of innovation and continuous learning.
- We provide employees with an environment that is safe, inclusive and reflective of all communities by promoting fair and equitable treatment; and prioritizing unconscious bias and anti-racism training.
- We care about our people, allowing them to design how they work to deliver amazing results.
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (pension & Employee Share Ownership), generous vacation; health/medical/wellness benefits; employee banking privileges.
- While we currently work remotely from home, when we can physically go back to work, our primary location is:
- Renovated with a design focus on enabling collaboration through both environment and technology.
- Furnished with an onsite cafeteria that serves hot foods, salads, sandwiches & snacks + a Tim Horton's kiosk.
- Equipped for breaks with table tennis, table soccer, pool table & TV's. Our lounges have fridges, microwaves, complimentary hot beverage stations & water dispensers.
- Minutes by TTC bus from Warden subway station on Line 2. Free employee shuttle service connecting the IT campus with nearby GO stations. 2022 opening of the Eglinton Crosstown Light Rail Transit with the Birchmount stop that's steps away.
- Minutes from the 401 & DVP. Free onsite & offsite employee parking with charging stations for electric vehicles onsite.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Scarborough
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Solution Architect, Architecture, Medical, Bank, Banking, Technology, Engineering, Healthcare, Finance