Requisition ID: 100254
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. The team:
Scotiabank's Global Technology Services (GTS) Pega Operations is a DevOps department that is responsible for maintaining and operating Pega application across Private Cloud, Azure Cloud, and On Premises environments. They provide 24x7 support functions to critical application used by our Digital Channel; our Branch Channel and our Contact Center, serving Banks customers.
There will be some rotational shifts, covering late afternoons, evenings or overnight, and could include weekends and statutory/bank holidays. The role:
Is this role right for you?
- You will play a critical part between the Business and the Technical teams to ensure development teams deliver quality Pega solutions that are highly scalable, secure, and flexible all while maintaining a strong customer focus.
- You provide guidance for resolving bottlenecks, escalating decisions and balancing the business needs versus technical constraints keeping customer satisfaction a top priority.
- You get to will work with the Business and Technology partners to facilitate new application intake and help provide cost estimates for PEGA Infrastructure.
- You work with PEGA Development teams/labs to help them understand hidden costs, infrastructure needs, and constraints in order to establish the scope of the initiative and define and deliver complex features.
- You thrive on connecting with internal/external partners; host meetings or work sessions to ensure that project management deliverables are met (i.e., project planning, risk management, issue management, status meetings).
- You will manage diverse PEGA initiatives that differ in size and scope from their inception to delivery overseeing execution, identifying reducing and mitigating risks.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- You have a keen focus on customer service excellence.
- You are willing to jump in & provide technical leadership, ideally around software development methodology.
- Being proactive & dynamic is a part of your DNA.
- You have a track record of taking initiative.
- You possess an eagerness to learn and thrive on challenges.
- You understand & embrace the need to align solutions with the risk appetite of a business operating in a regulated industry where information security is critical.
- You must be highly flexible in hours of work because of customer-facing and highly available infrastructure needs.
What's in it for you?
- You possess strong communication skills (verbal/written/presentation) in English. The same in Spanish is an asset.
- You have at least 5+ years of hands-on technical working experience in managing the on-premise migration to Azure Cloud & building a new Pega Cloud environment .
- You have at least 5+ years of hands-on technical working experience with PEGA Project Management leadership in DevOps and/or Agile environments .
- You have at least 5+ years of experience in the use of Microsoft Visio, Excel and PowerPoint in order to provide key metrics, data analysis and project forecasts .
- You have at least 3+ years of hands-on working experience in the team management of interdisciplinary teams.
- You can demonstrate excellent interpersonal, negotiation and client relation skills.
- You can also demonstrate excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple complex initiatives.
- Completed a post-secondary education in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or in a related technology field.
- An asset to have technical training in Azure and/or Pega.
- We are technology partners who help the business transform how our employees around the world work.
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world.
- We have a collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success! We also foster an environment of innovation and continuous learning.
- We provide employees with an environment that is safe, inclusive and reflective of all communities by promoting fair and equitable treatment; and prioritizing unconscious bias and anti-racism training.
- We care about our people, allowing them to design how they work to deliver amazing results.
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (pension & Employee Share Ownership), generous vacation; health/medical/wellness benefits; employee banking privileges.
- While we currently work remotely from home, when we can physically go back to work, our primary location is:
- Renovated with a design focus on enabling collaboration through both environment and technology.
- Furnished with an onsite cafeteria that serves hot foods, salads, sandwiches & snacks + a Tim Horton's kiosk.
- Equipped for breaks with table tennis, table soccer, pool table & TV's. Our lounges have fridges, microwaves, complimentary hot beverage stations & water dispensers.
- Minutes by TTC bus from Warden subway station on Line 2. Free employee shuttle service connecting the IT campus with nearby GO stations. 2022 opening of the Eglinton Crosstown Light Rail Transit with the Birchmount stop that's steps away.
- Minutes from the 401 & DVP. Free onsite & offsite employee parking with charging stations for electric vehicles onsite.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Scarborough
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Engineer, Electrical, Information Technology, IT Manager, Banking, Engineering, Technology, Finance