Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place! Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!
Job Skills / Requirements Date:
March 22nd, 2021Closing Date:
The Ottawa Hospital (Civic & General Campus - MUST be able to commute and work at both campus locations)City:
12 Hour Day Shifts - Rotational Schedule 84 hours bi-weekly, 7 days per week (08:00-20:00) OR 12 Hour Overnight Shifts - Rotational Schedule 84 hours bi-weekly, 7 days per week (20:00-08:00)Pay Rate:
- Observe patients who may be a threat to themselves or others and provide patients a safe environment.
- Maintain constant visual of them and their surroundings, as required.
- Watch for and report irregularities by completing investigations and incident reports, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergency situations; contact emergency responders, such as police, fire, and/or ambulance personnel, as required.
- Offer support to any person in need such as providing good customer service when providing a security presence, such as providing direction on site, responding to emergency situations involving violent individuals and injuries.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skill, and abilities required:
- Remain calm and effectively perform in emergency situations.
- Write comprehensive reports and maintain proper records using effective communication skills.
- Able to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
- Basic knowledge of security procedures, handling violent behaviors, and non-defensive communication.
- Able to follow, and enforce safety codes, college regulations, and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and customer service orientation.
- Able to handle private and confidential information with a high amount of discretion.
- Present a professional image to the public.
- Able to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
- Moderate physical activity including standing and/or walking for extended periods of time.
At the time of the interview applicant must be able to produce proof of completion of the following prerequisites:
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- High School Diploma
- Must obtain a valid Security Guard License in Ontario.
- MUST be able to commute to both General Campus AND Civic Campus of The Ottawa Hospital.
- MOAB, Use of Force and First Aid/CPR Level C with AOD training would be considered a definite asset.
- Previous customer service related experience would be an asset.
- Previous security experience would be considered a definite asset.
Successful completion of the following requirements provided by Paladin are mandatory prior to placement:
- Immunization Record
- A Valid Ontario Security Guard License
- Proficient in English (both oral and written)
- Management of Aggressive Behavior
- Use of Force
- Report Writing
Upon hire successful applicants will be required to complete the following Paladin online courses:
- Additional courses as assigned
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Customer Service
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Patrol Procedures
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Diversity Awareness
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Finding The OHS Manual
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Paladin OHS Orientation
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Mental Health Awareness
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Workplace Respect
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Slips, Trips and Falls
All interested applicants must apply directly on Paladin's website:
- Additional courses as assigned
Click on "Careers"
Click on "View Open Positions"
Filter open positions by selecting Ottawa, Ontario
View and apply for current open positions.Should you have any questions on this process, kindly contact the People and Culture Department at email@example.com
Certification Requirements (Any)
Valid Ontario Security License
Additional Information / Benefits
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability
This job reports to the CSM
This is a Full-Time
position Rotational schedule, 84 hours biweekly
Number of Openings for this position: 10
Back Apply Now
Law Enforcement and Security