Department: University Partnership Centre
Classification: Support Staff
Posting Date: September 27, 2022
Salary Range: $17.00 - $22.26
Hours per week: Up to 24 hours per week
Current hours anticipated to be 24 hours per week
Status: Part-time (Regular)
Reporting to the Director, Academic Partnerships and Pathways, the incumbent provides administrative and academic support for the university partnership centre programming. Support services include faculty & student support, preparation of plans, correspondence, minutes; maintaining budget documentation; scheduling meetings/ appointments; aiding with office procedures and records and tracks projects tasks. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
• Provides front line customer service for students, faculty and prospective students
• First point of contact for UPC inquiries
• Provides faculty support for UPC programming
• Provides information on programs and make referrals
• Maintains a database/statistic for UPC student inquiries
• Provides in-person support for events including event attendance and coordinating onsite logistics
• Provides support for UPC events and activities
• Provides administrative support for UPC marketing and recruitment initiatives
• Assists in the development of student and faculty orientation guides and student/faculty portals
• Coordinates operational logistics for orientation activities for both students and faculty
• Supports the collection of data and prepares UPC correspondence and reports for internal and external distribution
• Point of contact for onsite and remote operational issues
• Maintains up to date standard operating procedures
• Provides administrative support to the manager
• Supports daily functions for the UPC including support for the Director with meeting bookings and office logistics
• Tracking UPC accounts and assists manager with monthly reconciliation.
• Reconciling the charges to MasterCard statements. Ensure expenditures are accurate and allocate charges to cost centres.
• Supporting special projects, assignments and functions as required. QUALIFICATIONS:
• Successfully completed a one-year postsecondary certificate in a relevant field of study that may include, but is not limited to office administration or business
• Two years' experience in a related role providing front line customer service
• Excellent computer skills are required in word processing and spreadsheet applications
• Knowledge of database programs would be an asset
• Experience with data entry and pulling reports from a database
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Proven customer service skills
• Ability to work independently, possess initiative, meet multiple deadlines and the ability to perform several tasks simultaneously
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent time Management skills
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination and is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free environment. We invite applications from all qualified candidates and actively encourage applications from members of groups with historical and/or current barriers to equity, including, but not limited to persons of Indigenous ancestry, racialized persons, persons with disabilities, women and members of the 2SLGBTQ community. If you are contacted to participate in the interview, please advise the coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process. APPLY NOW:
To be considered for this position, please visit our website at www.GeorgianCollege.ca and apply by navigating to About Georgian and then to Career Opportunities.
Applications for this position must be received by 11:59 p.m. on October 4, 2022
. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.