Department: Accessibility and Well-being
Campus: Owen Sound
Classification: Support Staff
Posting Date: May 13, 2022
Salary Range: $17.00 - $22.26 per hour
Hours per week: up to 24 hours per week
(current hours are anticipated to be 24 hours per week)
Status: Part-Time (Regular)THIS IS A LESS THAN 12 MONTH POSITION.
Incumbents to this position will work July to April.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, Accessibility and Well-being, the incumbent provides coverage for testing services and customer services within the Student Services/Centre for Access Department at the Owen Sound campus. The incumbent assists students accessing student services, maintains student files and provides office administrative support. The incumbent assists with the administration of internal/external exams and co-ordinates invigilation services with other institutions during non- business hours. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
• Providing coverage of testing services for students with accommodations, missed/make-up and admissions testing
• Providing information / instructions and proctoring online or in-person tests, as required.
• Booking test seats and/or additional rooms, receiving and recording testing payments, schedule additional rooms, adaptive technology or proctors and correspond with students/faculty as needed
• Assisting with the coordination of test requests from other post-secondary institutions and outside agencies, as well as proctor these tests during non-business hours. Coordination with Campus Safety Services as needed.
• Ensuring tests are secured and delivered to the appropriate faculty or external designated contact in a timely manner
• Greeting clients and acting as the first point of contact for the College Student Success department and as such, answers email, telephone, online and in-person inquiries, and assists clients with access to information in the department with electronic and print resources, reference material, directions and guidance related to accessing services
• Conducts a preliminary discussion regarding needs and schedules student appointments with the appropriate service using the department's electronic case management system
• Confirming the student's identity, providing a consent for participation in particular services and explains the nature of services, as needed
• Redirecting inquiries to other college services and facilities
• Occasionally responsible for the daily opening and/or closing of the student services area
• Following-up with clients for appointment changes or reminders and book recurring appointments as necessary
• Facilitating registrations for groups, workshops and intake/information sessions and monitors the registration process
• Providing general clerical support, which may include filing, faxing, photocopying, mail distribution, scheduling offices for assessments, scanning and uploading documents and personal health information of clients into and files into the electronic case management system, or participating in various group projects etc.
• Assisting in maintaining / ordering office supplies
• Assisting with the co-ordination of department/campus marketing events (i.e. Orientation, HeadStart, Open Houses)
• Reviewing the student success website, portals and print information to ensure it is accurate and current
• Successfully completed a one-year postsecondary certificate in a relevant field of study that may include but is not limited to office administration, business, or human services
• Additional course completion in computer software applications
• Computer skills: MS Office (Word processing & database management)
• Customer Service, communication, conflict resolution & Interpersonal skills
• Problem solving & organizational skills
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Knowledge of: Human Rights Legislation and the Ontarians with Disabilities Act
• Must be able to work non-traditional hours including evenings and weekends during peak periods
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination and is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free environment. We invite applications from all qualified candidates and actively encourage applications from members of groups with historical and/or current barriers to equity, including, but not limited to persons of Indigenous ancestry, racialized persons, persons with disabilities, women and members of the 2SLGBTQ community. If you are contacted to participate in the interview, please advise the coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process. Applications for this position must be received by 11:59 p.m. on May 19, 2022
. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.