Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place! Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!
Job Skills / Requirements Position:
Square One Security Ambassador (Exterior)Site:
Square One Shopping CentreCity:
Part Time Hours:
Saturday (1300 - 2100) & Sunday (1200 - 2000) Pay Rate:
$19.00 - $21.75 (depending on experience)
Are you interested in starting a career in a fast paced and growing industry? As a provider of security services to clients with complex security needs, Paladin Security Group is offering an exciting career opportunity for you to give back to your community, while developing skills for future careers. Our training programs are also a leader in the security industry, and they will help prepare you for advancements, as well as build your resume for a potential career in law enforcement.Site Description:
Proudly managed by Oxford Properties and with over 320+ retailers including Apple, Ann Taylor, Crate and Barrel, RUDSAK, Zara and Whole Foods Market, Square One Shopping Centre is the premier retail destination in the GTA. Square One is owned by Alberta Investment Management Corporation (AIMCo) on behalf of its clients and Oxford Properties Group. Dedicated to sustainability, Square One's 2.2 million square feet has been recognized and awarded for creating a balance between sustainable environmental programs and a unique shopping experience.Job Description:
The Security Ambassador is an extension of both the Square One Security and Guest Experience departments. Focused on proactively engaging with visitors at one of the centre's two key entrances, Security Ambassadors ensure guests, tenants, and Oxford employees have a safe and positive experience at Square One.Duties:
- Represent Paladin Security and Oxford Properties to tenants and guests in such a way as to enhance the quality, image and reputation of the shopping centre and the company.
- Sustain effective relationships with guests, tenants, and Oxford staff through courteous and respectful relations
- Proactively assist guests by
- Greeting tenants, clients and the general public in a positive manner
- Being familiar with all centre retailers and special programing
- Providing helpful guidance and assistances
- Direct individuals to required destinations
- Ensure maximum guest, tenant and employee safety at all times
- Maintain communications at all times with fellow Security Guards, Management, Guest Experience and Maintenance staff
- Perform security duties, mall patrol, vehicle patrol, bike patrol, in accordance with established procedures and schedules when needed
- Be courteous, tactful and helpful in enforcing all company policies, procedures, rules and regulations
- Monitor all areas and control access by unauthorized or undesirable persons
- Respond immediately to any requests for assistance from guests, tenants and employees.
- Respond immediately to any emergencies and co-ordinate activities according to established procedures.
- Document all activities during each shift as required
- Perform duties and tasks assigned by the Security Leadership team and respond to the directions of all shopping centre management
- Be observant and record all discrepancies, deficiencies and safety hazards noted during security patrols and take corrective action either informing the applicable department or handling it personally, whenever possible
- Provide security escorts as required or when requested
- Completely investigate and document all incidents and occurrences involving guests, tenants and employees
- Perform parking control duties as set out in established procedures.
- Maintain proper key control at all times
- Maintain control of the lost and found records and property
- Maintain the highest standard of security at all times, being professional in attitude, appearance and application.
- Perform security duties within the limits of the law and in accordance with any federal, provincial and municipal laws.
- Proficient in English (both oral and written)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be willing to work indoors and outdoors
Upon interview, applicants must be able to produce the following prerequisites:
- Extensive Paid Industry Training
- Benefits and Other Perks
- Partnership with Goodlife Fitness
- Save up to 30% on your Rogers Phone Bill
- And More!!!!!
- Opportunities for Growth & Advancement
- Immunization Record (Fully Vaccinated Against COVID-19 - min 2 Doses)
- A Valid Ontario Security Guard License
- A Valid G Class Driver's License With A Clear Driver's Abstract
- First Aid and CPR - Level C (Must be WSIB Approved)
- 2 - 4 Years of Security or Industry Related Experience
- Educational Background in Police Foundations, Criminal Justices Studies etc. or Knowledge Within The Security Industry would be considered an asset*
Education Requirements (Any)
Minimum of a Police Foundations Diploma
Post secondary education in law enforcement from a recognized institution or equivalent experience
Certification Requirements (Any)
Police Foundation Diploma
COVID Double Vaccinated
Valid G Licence
Standard First Aid, CPR Level C
Valid Ontario Security License
Additional Information / Benefits
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
This job reports to the Client Service Manager
This is a Full-Time
position 1st Shift
, 2nd Shift
, 3rd Shift
Number of Openings for this position: 1