Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place! Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!
Job Skills / Requirements
To: All Security Personnel
Date: June 15th, 2021
Position: NPS-V -43
Site: The Ottawa McDonald Cartier International Airport
Status: Full Time
Hours: Sunday - Saturday - 06:45 - 18:45 / 18:45 - 06:45 Rotational
Pay Rate: Starts from $14.84/hourSite Description:
YOW is Canada's capital airport. The Authority is a leader in providing quality, safe, secure, sustainable and affordable air transportation services to the airport's customers and communities and be a driver of economic growth within Canada's Capital Region. The Ottawa International Airport offers flights across Canada, and to the U.S., sun destinations, and Europe. Amenities include short- and long-term parking, food and beverage concessions, shopping, free Wi-Fi and a cell phone parking lot. The Ottawa MacDonald-Cartier International Airport Authority is also responsible for community services for building partnerships and engaging citizens in the community through outreach programs and other volunteer opportunities.Job Description:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Providing access control to the Airside Controlled Restricted Area
- Verifying RAIC's
- Security verification of all vehicles and personnel entering the CRA
- Assisting with other duties as requested
- MAP reading of all personnel entering the CRA
- Verifying proper credentials for All stakeholders including visitors and cross referencing against Blacklist
- High Customer Service Skills is a must
- Remain calm and effectively perform in emergency situations.
- Able to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
- Able to follow, and enforce safety codes, as set forth by the Airport Authority and Paladin.
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and customer service orientation.
- Present a professional image to the public.
- Adhere to our Code of Ethics in performing job requirements.
- Able to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures
- Moderate physical activity including standing and/or walking for extended periods of time.
At the time of the interview, applicants must be able to produce proof of completion of the following:
At the time of the interview applicant must be able to produce proof of completion of the following prerequisites:
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Must be in possession of a valid Airport Restricted Area Identification Card
- Must have valid Ontario Security Guard license
- Demonstrates superior customer service skills and able to work independently
- Minimum of a High School Diploma.
- CPI, Use of Force and First Aid/CPR Level C would be considered a definite asset
- Previous customer service-related experience would be an asset
- Previous experience would be considered a definite asset
Successful completion of the following requirements provided by Paladin are mandatory prior to placement:
- Immunization Record
- A Valid Ontario Security Guard License
- A Valid Airport Restricted Access Identification Card
- Proficient in English (both oral and written)
- Management of Aggressive Behavior
- Use of Force
- Report Writing
Upon hire successful applicants will be required to complete the following Paladin online courses:
- Additional courses as assigned
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Customer Service
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Active Shooter
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Bomb Threats
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Ottawa Airport Training Module
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Patrol Procedures
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Diversity Awareness
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Finding The OHS Manual
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Paladin OHS Orientation
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Mental Health Awareness
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Workplace Respect
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Slips, Trips and Falls
All interested personnel must apply through the Employee Portal by simply following these steps:
- Additional courses as assigned
Click on Employee Portal
Enter username and password
Click on Employee Services
Scroll down to Promotions From Within
Click on Career Advancement Opportunities Click on Ontario, then Ottawa Select the job posting Click Apply Now and submit your application Should you have any questions on this process, kindly contact the People and Culture Department at email@example.com .
Certification Requirements (Any)
First Aid, CPR Level C
Valid Ontario Security License
Additional Information / Benefits
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability
This job reports to the CSM
This is a Full-Time
position Rotational 06:45-18:45/18:45-06:45
Number of Openings for this position: 1
Back Apply Now
Law Enforcement and Security