Digital Operations Specialist
Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team - and that's exactly what we're building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch the lives of 30 million Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We're also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion - find out more at www.allinforequity.ca .
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
As an Digital Operations Specialist, you will work closely with the Digital Media production team to develop and enhance websites mobile applications and connected device apps for our media brands (CityNews, OMNI, Citytv, Radio stations etc.). The Operations Specialist will also provide analysis of online audience metrics to internal and external clients, maintain and optimize digital operations, implement continuous improvement across all digital channels, and push other initiatives to drive digital products objectives forward.
The successful candidate will have extensive experience with front-end web development and designs related to public facing websites.What you will do...
What you will bring...
- Managing day-to-day updates to all the digital products, liaising with news, broadcast and radio teams on a regular basis
- Manage and triage reported bugs and issues related to the product set and liaise with stakeholders to provide updates and resolutions
- Manage and monitor our digital services and products for quality of service and experience, including conducting UAT with Product teams where required
- Work with internal cross-functional teams to troubleshoot technical issues, support major and minor releases, and assist with solution delivery
- Compiling, testing and scheduling our newsletters with content directed from content team
- Building unique environments or microsites for special projects using WordPress
- Using our contest tool to build major contests
- Drive digital engagement and activity on digital platforms
- Support the Digital Product Roadmap
- Occasionally working evenings or weekends as required, for major events
Here's what you can expect in return:
- 3+ years of experience in a digital production role, preferably in a radio or media environment
- Solid Experience with HTML5, CSS3, responsive design, and WordPress
- Extensive experience with Adobe CS products, with a focus on Photoshop and Illustrator
- Familiarity of the Atlassian ecosystem (JIRA, Confluence)
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- Online analytics suite experience (Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, DOMO)
- Experience with A/B testing including knowledge of testing methodologies and evaluation techniques
- Responsive web design specifically targeted to email newsletters and templates
- Strong time management skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Exact Target AMP Script is an asset
- Knowledge of PHP, JS is an asset
- Knowledge of live streaming technology is an asset
- A competitive salary and benefits that include access to our Employee Share Accumulation Program, Retirement Benefits and a variety of other perks including 50% off Rogers services and Blue Jays tickets
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the "what" and the "how"
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & TV Operations
Requisition ID: 271688
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work: Our people are at the heart of our success Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do We do what's right, each and every day We believe in the power of new ideas We work as one team, with one vision We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ .
Posting Notes: Rogers Sports & Media
Toronto, ON, CA Being a Rogers team member comes with some great perks & benefits including:
• Health & well-being benefits
• Donation matching
• Paid time off for volunteering
• Wealth Accumulation including: Pension plan & Employee stock options
• Generous employee discounts
• Leadership development, Mentorship, and Coaching programs
*available for full-time and part-time permanent employees, some restrictions apply Looking for career guidance and inspiration?
Catch up on the latest episodes of For the Love of Work
podcast with Dr. Sonia Kang.Job Segment:
Front End, Operations Manager, SEO, Developer, Network, Technology, Operations, Marketing
Management and Executive Operations and Logistics