Requisition ID: 107770
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. The Team
GF&RT Operations & Applications team provides the operational and functional support of General Ledger solutions and Payment Operations technologies across Global Finance. The Role
The Operations Specialist will be responsible for supporting the PeopleSoft GL modules along with the integration of all interfaces with the GL, including PeopleSoft AP and FAH. The incumbent will be responsible for executing on production cycles, functional system maintenance, report maintenance and functional user support; In addition, documenting and testing new PeopleSoft functionality and coordinating the promotion through development, UAT and production to bring efficiencies to the business processes. Some of the Key Accountabilities include:
What You Will Bring to Succeed
- Provide functional support to Peoplesoft GL/AP module. Support maintenance of chart of accounts, mapping, business calendar in PeopleSoft and Oracle FAH.
- Monitor overnight batch processes, trouble shoot interface issues and provide issue resolutions.
- Support PeopleSoft and Autosys job scheduler, Application and UNIX servers.
- Provide functional support and solutions to PeopleSoft related problems including but not limited to access security, connectivity, reporting and online application errors.
- After hour and weekend support to application users are required regularly.
- Assist in system patches, upgrades or enhancements by executing system test procedures, documenting changes and ensure all change control requirements are satisfied.
- Review User Security Administration to ensure user access is in line with business function.
- Work with the user community to develop relevant and timely solutions that not only align to PeopleSoft functionality but also ensure business requirements are met.
- Support critical PeopleSoft reporting cycles and ensure all elements of the reporting infrastructure meet month end and quarter end user requirements. This includes monitor reporting processes, ensuring data integrity of the delivery reports and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Maintain chart of accounts and reporting tree structures to support various reporting cycles including Statutory, Regulatory, management, and branch reporting for Canadian and US operations.
- Work with stakeholders to gather information utilizing a variety of techniques such as interviews, work sessions, storyboarding, and prototyping.
- Evaluate customer needs/issues, analyze business processes, assist in evaluating alternatives, and determine appropriate solutions with technical staff.
- Ensure that business requirements are properly translated and satisfied in functional requirements and design. Assist with system design and data migration reviews as needed.
- Analyze and develop business requirements and processes document.
- Assist with development of test conditions, test cases, testing reviews and analysis of testing results. Provide trouble shooting and possible recommendations.
- Follow standard software implementation best practices and work with configuration, customization, reports and interfaces, testing and end user training on functional production support.
- Coordinate promotions and promote changes using various change control tools.
- Suggest improvements or enhancements to processes and systems in order to increase customer satisfaction or improve productivity
- Experience with operational and functional application support, including autosys job scheduling, batch support and trouble shooting
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft Tools, SQR, SQL, UNIX and shell script
- Experience with change control process and change control tools
- Minimum of 3 years PeopleSoft experience with a strong focus on PeopleSoft GL and AP module
- Working experience in other PS financial module (AM/AR), and FAH are an asset
- Experience with user interface and design
- Fundamental accounting knowledge on ledger design, FX revaluation, and translation process are an asset
- Knowledge of PS client server structure
- Good understanding of PeopleSoft Architecture, setup tables and processes
- Knowledge of PS application implementation and testing best practices and methodologies
- Ability to write functional requirements, use cases, and other analysis/design artifacts effectively (storyboards, screen prototypes, etc.)
- Minimum of 2-3 full life cycle implementations
- Conceptual knowledge of data modeling and database design
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-directed - works effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to effectively work on multiple tasks
- Well organized, dependable, punctual, strong work ethic
- Fast learner and able to work to deadlines.
- Ability to pay close attention to details
- We are technology partners who help the business transform how our employees around the world work
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We foster an environment of innovation and continuous learning
- We care about our people, allowing them to design how they work to deliver amazing results
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), and generous vacation
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Is this Role not the Exact fit?
Sign up to stay in touch; we'll let you know when we have new positions on the team.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Operations Manager, ERP, Bank, Banking, Operations, Technology, Finance
Management and Executive Operations and Logistics