Line of Service
Senior AssociateJob Description & Summary
A career within Operations Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients optimise all elements of their operations to move beyond the role of a cost effective business enabler and become a source of competitive advantages. We focus on product innovation and development, supply chain, procurement and sourcing, manufacturing operations, service operations and capital asset programmes to drive both growth and profitability.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you will work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:Engagement Delivery
● Provide advice on best practices, insights and trends within the procurement function in different industries leveraging the firm's global network experience
● Deliver engagements that implement category management, process improvement or technology and digital platforms as required
● Support the delivery of engagements by conducting detailed analyses, leveraging digital tools, preparing client and executive presentations, preparing procurement documents
● Guiding blended consulting/client teams of 2-3, from initial assessment, through to implementation and continuous improvement
● Support management of engagement risk and project economics, including engagement planning and budgetingBusiness Development
● Develop and nurture trusted relationships with stakeholders with key clients
● Contribute to pursuits and proposal development, including supporting the development of innovative approaches and methodologies
● Collaborate with PwC colleagues across other operating units and lines of services globally to "win as one" and develop unique solutions to service our clients' needsPractice Development
● Support the development of thought leadership in collaboration with like-minded professionals across the firm's global network
● Conduct market research and strategy development on new and emerging technologies and practices
● Support the development and delivery of training and share knowledge from across the global network with our team
● Contribute to planning and execution of regular Digital Procurement practice-wide meetings and status calls, and other team eventsPersonal Development
● Bilingual with French is an asset
● Continuous upskilling through our acclaimed training and learning and development solutions (soft-skills, technical and practice-specific)What You'll Bring To This Role:An interest in upskilling for a digital world and technology trends, an openness to learning new tools and adapting how you work
● A demonstrated commitment to valuing differences and working alongside diverse people and perspectives
● Experience in a procurement function or similar role within the industry and/or for a management consulting firm
● Working knowledge of, and practical experience in any of the following: spend management and analytics, category management methodology and strategic sourcing (direct & indirect categories), ESG and/or agile procurement, procurement process
optimization, procurement technology solution implementation, operating model development and implementation, supplier relationship management, value chain risk management
● Proven ability to build client relationships, identify and address client needs
● Analytical mindset, and experience in using data processing and dashboarding tools (e.g. Excel, Alteryx, PowerBI, Tableau, etc.) is an asset
● Experience and familiarity with using and deploying procurement/ERP technology solutions (e.g. SAP, SalesForce, Workday, etc.) is an asset
● Strategic and creative thinking, and problem-solving skills
● A high level of professional integrity, a commitment to teamwork, a strong desire to learn, and enthusiasm to motivate others
● Excellent communication skills in English; bilingual with French as an asset
● High degree of initiative and proactive attitude to take ownership of tasks and assignments, and accept responsibility for outcomes
● Experience in preparing and/or coordinating complex or comprehensive written and visual materials
● Certification(s) Preferred: Project Management Professional (PMP), Procurement / Supply Chain Management certifications (e.g. SCMP/SCMA, CIPS, CPSM, CSCP, etc.)
● Travel Requirements: minimum travel requirements for this role
Why you'll love working for PwC
At PwC, we support you through a range of financial and non-financial rewards and benefits. Discover a life that works for you with our diverse, inclusive and flexible culture. To learn how you can grow and shine in your career at PwC, please visit: https://www.pwc.com/ca/whypwc See how you can create your future at PwC
https://pwc.to/2kUQFOp Applying at PwC
At PwC, we embrace new technology where you will learn to innovate and deliver differently. For Administrative, Specialist, Associate, and Senior Associate roles you may have the opportunity to participate in an on-demand video interview. To learn more about our innovative cloud-based online application interview process click here: https://www.pwc.com/ca/applytopwc Education
(if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred: Certifications
(if blank, certifications not specified) Required SkillsOptional Skills Desired Languages
(If blank, desired languages not specified) Travel Requirements
Not SpecifiedAvailable for Work Visa Sponsorship?
NoGovernment Clearance Required?
NoJob Posting End Date
PwC is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
Every day we see how people make businesses great. But it's not only about skills. If your experience is close to what we're looking for, please consider applying. We recognize that experience comes in many forms, and passionate teams reimagine the possible. Create your future at PwC.
PwC s'engage à bâtir une équipe diversifiée et représentative des collectivités qu'il sert. Nous invitons toutes les personnes qualifiées, sans égard à leur appartenance ethnique, leur race, leur religion, leur sexe, leur orientation sexuelle, leur identité sexuelle, leur statut d'autochtone, leur âge, leur handicap ou leurs besoins en matière d'adaptation du milieu de travail, à présenter leur candidature, qu'il nous fera plaisir d'examiner.
Chaque jour, nous voyons des personnes participer à l'essor des entreprises. Ce n'est pas seulement une question de compétences. Si votre expérience se rapproche de ce que nous recherchons, n'hésitez pas à postuler. Nous sommes conscients que l'expérience peut prendre diverses formes et que des équipes de passionnés peuvent réinventer le possible. Créez votre avenir chez PwC.
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance