Co-op/Intern Primary Location:
Multiple Locations, Canada All Available Locations:
Montreal; Toronto We are looking for students to complete either 4 or 8 month co-op terms starting this Fall 2021
If you love to wrestle down data puzzles; If you embrace the potential of always more and more data; If you commit to solve crunchy data problems no one else can; and if you envision to make impacts that matter with data, then Omnia AI is where you want to be. What will your typical day look like?
- Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills in data engineering on Cloud and Big Data platforms
- Be part of a firm that leads the way and pushes themselves to look like contemporary Canada
- Be expected to share your ideas and make them a reality
A data engineer is passionate about data and technology solutions, is curious to learn about them and keep up with market evolution. You will play an active role throughout the entire engagement cycle - from architecture and design to build, test and deploy - specializing in technical data solutions, including data ingestion, data transformation and mapping, data curation, quality and governance, data preparation and consumption. You will work closely in cooperation with data scientists, report / dashboard builders and business analysts to serve up the right data, at the right time, in the right format to create business insights.
In this role, you will:
About the team
- Design, engineer and test data pipelines and platforms that enable business analytics and insights
- Translate business rules and requirements into data objects, produce associated data models and source to target mappings and write abstracted, reusable code components accordingly
- Plan/schedule tasks, be part of small development teams, and learn from the trenches
- Participate in technical meetings with client staff, and help advise clients with technical option analyses based on leading practices
As a member of our Data & Analytics Modernization team, you will help our clients design and implement the data platform architectures - be it in the cloud or on premise - required to enable cutting-edge AI solutions. You will be part of a practice to deliver a breadth of solutions to solve our clients most challenging business problems, with a focus on Cloud Platforms, Big Data, BI/DW, Data Integration, Data Governance, Master Data and Analytics applications. Each of these applications leverages a different mix of traditional and innovative technologies to achieve business outcomes and unprecedented insights.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone who is:
- Currently enrolled in a post-secondary degree program, and returning to school following completion of this co-op term. Pursuing a BA/BSc or MA/MSc degree in Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Epidemiology, Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Able to complete either a 4 or 8 month co-op term starting Fall 2021
- Fascinated with data structures, data models and data patterns, interested in wrangling, joining and melting data sets together to create the foundation for analysis
- Quick to learn new technologies, easy to adapt to new environments, curious to try out new things and not intimidated by large and complicated data sets
- Exposed to and/or experienced with building data sets in the cloud (on AWS, Azure or Google platforms), on Big Data / Hadoop (using Sqoop, Kafka, Parquet, Scala, Python, etc.), or on database platforms (using SQL-like programming on SQL Server, Oracle, Hive, HBase, NoSQL databases, etc.)
- Able to work in environments with significant ambiguity, can develop creative approaches to data problems, and is curious and enthusiastic about data in the context of business and industry implications
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm
for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
The next step is yours
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
Apply by May 18 th at 11:59PM EST . Please submit your cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript in ONE PDF combined file.
We are passionate about helping you launch your career at Deloitte. Prepped
is a free, digital and personalized, voluntary program that may provide the guidance and training you need to properly tackle your job search, and could prepare you for the next steps in the interview process. Prepped is currently only available in English, and is not a Deloitte created tool. Choosing to use or not use Prepped will not be weighted towards or against you. Get Prepped now at https://www.fullyprepped.ca/invite .
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates that represents the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes candidates from Indigenous communities in support of living our values and our commitments to our Reconciliation Action Plan . We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.