Requisition ID: 166008
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. Why work for Scotiabank?
Scotiabank is among the largest banks in the world and the most international bank in Canada. We are powered by our 97,000 high-performing teammates who make a real difference across the globe as a leading provider of advice, products, digital experiences, and financial services. Together with our Digital Factories around the world, we are dedicated to helping our 25 million customers become better-off.
This is a place where you'll get to learn and develop your skills, while being recognized for your hard work. At Scotiabank, we're passionate about bringing our whole selves to work, allowing us to create inclusive work environments for everyone to enjoy. Say hello to a career at Scotiabank! Global Banking and Markets
Global Banking & Markets provides a full range of investment banking, credit and risk management products and services relevant to the financing and strategic development needs of our clients. Our products include debt and equity financing, mergers & acquisitions, corporate banking, institutional equity sales, trading and research, fixed income products, derivatives, energy, foreign exchange, and precious & metals. We also cross-sell the full range of wholesale products and services offered by the Scotiabank Group. Purpose
The Officer is responsible for timely settlement and accurate processing of all North American transactions. The incumbent is required to have a sound knowledge of all settlement processing systems and applications required to perform these functions across the various Entities the department supports. The incumbent is expected to provide customer service in accordance with the Scotia Service Standards and Complaint Resolution Procedures. Accountabilities
ensuring all transactions are accurately reflected in the appropriate settlement systems taking appropriate action to ensure all transactions are confirmed as instructed and settled on a timely basis reporting/escalating in a timely manner any settlement problems to the appropriate sales/trade floor personnel &/or department management arranging funding for the various depositories ensuring settlement activity is accurately reflected in the appropriate bookkeeping systems
- Facilitate the accurate settlement and processing responsibilities of the unit by:
assisting in the resolution of any reconciliation concerns and by taking appropriate action to prevent any re-occurrence referring any non-routine/exceptional transactions to the immediate attention of management
- Perform administrative functions as required including:
- Participate &/or assist in training / cross-training as required by management
- Acquire and maintain a thorough knowledge of all related settlement systems and all related operational protocol.
- Provide customer service consistent with Scotia Service Standards and Complaint Resolution Procedures.
- Must possess sound knowledge of the following operating/settlement systems used within the unit: BTS (061/191), Impact, Arrow, Arrow Blotter, Clearance Pro, Escape, CDS, DTC and the FED.
- Must possess working knowledge of all other operating/settlement systems and applications used within the unit including: WebPost, OnDemand,
- Ability to work successfully in a highly stressful environment.
- Good communication skills;
- Solid planning skills, with attention to detail and the ability to prioritize;
- Must exhibit sound judgment and decision making ability;
The incumbent works in a secure office environment.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Accounting, Investment Banking, M&A, Risk Management, Technical Support, Finance, Management, Technology
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance