728 Yonge Street, 3rd Floor, Toronto, Ontario, M4Y 2B3
Join a locally owned and operated store to help deliver health, beauty and convenience services in your community, and keep the customer at the centre of everything you do.Why this role is important?Reports to: Senior Manager Clinical Lead of Operations
Shoppers Drug Mart is one of the most recognized and trusted names in Canadian retailing, with over 1,300 stores in each province and three territories. We are one of the most convenient retailers in Canada, proudly serving Canadians who believe being healthy means looking and feeling good.
We are seeking a passionate Cosmetic Nurse Practitioner
to provide outstanding care and client service, as well as dermal filler, neurotoxin injection and other aesthetic services for The Beauty Clinics by Shoppers.
At Shoppers Drug Mart, we have always remained true to our belief that the root of our success lies with our people. We pride ourselves on providing more ways to care about our patients, customers and community.
We offer unique work, and the benefits you would expect from a large corporation, all with a smaller company feel, as well as:
What You'll Do:
- A high energy and varied workplace that strives for and rewards excellence
- Competitive pay structures, rewarding strong and consistent performance
- A highly customizable benefits plan
- Peer recognition programs
- Employee discounts on in-store purchases
- Opportunities for skill development and advancement in your work
- Learning and development through our SDM University, Academy
- Strong culture of charitable and community involvement
- Unique chance to work with an organization that is an industry leader in beauty & cosmetics
What You'll Need:
- Conduct treatments such as toxin and filler injections, laser treatments, and a variety of skin treatments
- Maintain high skill level through continuing education, training and knowledge of best practices
- Stay up to date on the latest trends and developments within the cosmetic & beauty industry
- Ensure complete and accurate documentation of client information and treatments in patient charts and medical records
- Deliver exceptional customer care and develop a lasting rapport with clients, ensuring that they remain highly satisfied with treatments and clinic experience
- Ensure compliance with all legal/regulatory, health & safety and quality standards in the clinic, including follow-up on adverse events
- Provide detailed information to clients as to treatment specifics, possible side effects, after care instruction/maintenance and recommended skin care regimen
- Work collaboratively with other staff to ensure smooth daily operation of clinic and outstanding experience for all clients
- Prepare treatment rooms, including ensuring tidiness and availability of all needed supplies
- Support the clinic with other related duties as assigned or requested
- Registration in the RN, Extended Class (certified Nurse Practitioner) in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Fully trained in the injection of dermal fillers, volume enhancers, neurotoxins AND minimum 2 years of experience injecting with exemplary result
- Experienced in dermal laser treatments, chemical peels, PRP & knowledgeable in best practices in these areas
- Solid working knowledge of medical grade skin care products commonly available for clients who have aesthetic services
- Outstanding customer service skills & ability to consistently produce positive interactions with clients, especially those receiving consultation and/or treatment
- Successful track record of appropriately evaluating client needs and recommending suitable course of treatment
- Solid understanding of the clinical management, administration, processes and workflow organization of a cosmetic clinic
- Excellent understanding of regulatory/legal standards & best practices for cosmetic clinics
- Hands-on management experience & proven leadership skills
- Possess the ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced, high volume work environment
- Previous experience working with medical records management software, EMRs, CRMs
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, with strong time management capabilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Available to work flexible hours as needed, including evenings and weekends
- Available to work at all Beauty Clinic locations as needed
Find out where your career can take you...We'll see you there!
#LI-POSTWhy work in a Shoppers Drug Mart store?
Each store has an Associate-Owner, so you will work for a local business owner while having the support of a national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, flexible and varied schedules, competitive pay and online learning through SDMU.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your patients, co-workers, customers and community.
Associate Owners in the Shoppers Drug Mart network recognize Canada's diversity as an opportunity to better serve their communities, and strive to reflect the nation's evolving diversity in the products they sell, the people they hire, and the culture they create in their stores. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct - it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.